With your help the dream continues

Brand new AC Delco water pump showed up today. A big thanks to J. Denning of Illinois. Keep the parts coming. I'll get to it soon.

Well, I dug the down pipe out of the attic last night only to find that my buddy had taken the external waste gate apart to "see why it stuck".

All the parts are there, but it's not together. I'll send the box 'o parts along with the pipe and plug wires.

Sorry.

I'm gonna go ahead clean up and then reassemble the wastegate before I ship everything. Should be done by Wednesady night for Thursday shipping.

Ken,

I am shipping the parts that everyone has sent to me! It is a big thanks to them, they are making this happen!

That said, we still need some parts. I will update and post a list.

Thanks again Turbo family for the help.

Jay

Things Needed: Updated list 7/6/15
Power steering pump and hoses
Power steering reservoir
AC compressor and hoses
Crank sensor
.005" undersize timing chain
Motor mounts
Turbo (one committed to the project)
MAF or aftermarket with Translator4
Rod/main bearings. (I'll measure what is needed later
Add to the list .040" pistons (preferably JE stock replacement, as that is what the crank is balanced to,
Torque Converter(am searching for close

Down pipe and Taylor plug wires at FED EX now. Will go out in the AM.

Well I got home after work and received a thank you card in the mail from boosted-para and it made my day. This is really fun to watch grow and be apart of. In todays all for me world things like this put my faith back in humanity. I can't watch the news because it depresses the heck out of me but things like this sure do make the world seem like a better place. Thanks to all for letting me be apart of such a great group of car guys.

Well I got home after work and received a thank you card in the mail from boosted-para and it made my day. This is really fun to watch grow and be apart of. In todays all for me world things like this put my faith back in humanity. I can't watch the news because it depresses the heck out of me but things like this sure do make the world seem like a better place. Thanks to all for letting me be apart of such a great group of car guys.

This is just another example that shows this little TR community and TurboBuick.com are both THE place to be a part of.

I mean really, just how freekin' cool is all of this?

I appreciate all of you! This went from getting rid of the car to saving it for me! I have tried to get everyone's address to say a personal thanks, I haven't been100% successful, but I hope you all know I appreciate all of this!

Seeing the finished product will be the ultimate thank you for all involved and all those that just wished for the best, positive thoughts contribute!

Finally received the first box of three from USPS. They must have played basket ball with it, too. Hope they didn't kill the timing cover. One engine down, one to go before I can start this. Have we figured out who is available to install it for him?

Yesterday I returned home from the dr, I had a large box sitting in the drive. Wife says what did you order? I say nothing. Open the box and dp with wires and waste gate had arrived!

Thanks Guy so much. That is very awesome!

The oil pan and timing cover are for,an '84 or earlier engine. If you,can ship me your '84/5 engine and it has a 14 bolt oil pan, then we should be in business. I will have to dig through my pile of pistons and see what I can come up with to fill an overbore.............

Hey everone,

Sorry for the time delay in keeping you up to date about what's been going on.

I have been busy with finals for summer classes. Statistics is not my speciality so it took alot for me to pass, but I did. The rest of the classes were good.

I also had a sudden passing of my aunt. Wed we talked, I helped now her grass, Thursday she was in the hospital for antibiotics for what was believed to be pneumonia. Turned out to be cancer of the lung, she died Sunday morning. Was a very quick turn of events that no one saw coming. We just had her funeral this past weekend. Things are calming down now.

Back,to school Aug 24th. Yippee. Ken is getting closer to starting the motor work and I still have to find the pistons soon.

So if anyone has any 40 over je stoke replacements hiding I am game. Lol.

Thanks for the help guys will keep updating as things change!

Jay

Jay,

I am a local turbo buick owner and fanatic. I'm in East Peoria and have worked on several of these cars around the area. I am surprised I have never heard of you or seen you around. If you need any assistance with this let me know, I'm not sure who is helping you put the engine in when it's done but I can almost do one in my sleep.

Also can you please post an up to date listing up of what you need? I am in the middle of swapping to a 3800/4L80E in my GN and am a compulsive parts hoarder so I have a bunch of odds and ends parts hanging around that might do you good.

Thanks, Dan