With your help the dream continues

I just read your post in the "other" thread. My wife is also an RN in the Cardiac ICU at OSF, small world I guess.

,Dan

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't kept up with you all. The car has been at a stand still for a minute. With school and kids I haven't been able too do much. I am afraid to touch the body as I was never a body guy. And don't want to hurt it. The body guy who said he would try to help had been Really busy and skipped out on the project. Soo I am still looking.

Motor wise, Ken said he will begin working on assembling it soon. He too, had been very busy.

Tom Wilson has said he could help with the motor install. I have talked with him, great guy! Dan you have pm, check your inbox. I know there is still some parts needed, I need to post the list of what it is in the next day or 2.

Thanks guys.

Jay

Jay, I have the turbo ready to ship...however I have a question for you.. do you have a torque converter yet? I can give you two options. Either a TE44 or TE60/76. You may or may not be able to get away with a stock D5 converter for the TE44 but limited to mid 11's where the TE60/76 will get you deep into low 11's and beyond. With ported heads , roller cam and all the other goodies... I think the car will benefit from the bigger turbo but you will need a good converter meaning 3000-3200 stall. Let me know which one you want. They are both freshly rebuild with 0 miles. You may want to talk to Ken or someone and assess all the stuff you have and choose accordingly.

Please let me know as soon as you can. I am in the process of building a car for someone and I have to decide which turbo to put on that car.
Prasad

Prasad,

Happy birthday! I wrote on your wall as well but I wanted to say it again. I have a 3200 Coan bro lined up for the car. I have to figure out a rebuild for the trans as well, it's a stock trans and i don't know the mileage. So the 60/76 seems like a good fit for the car.

Thanks so much!

Jay

Thanks for the birthday wish and 60/76 it is... Should I send it to you at the address listed in the post or to some where else?
Thanks
Prasad

Hey guys,

Quick update. It has been a busy week. With classes, I recently moved a 1/2 mile up the road and I am picking up my son from basic at Fort Jackson. It has been a long wait for this day!

Next week things should hopefully calm down.

Jay

Hello everyone,

I guess I've done a really poor job of keeping everybody up to date on what's going on. With school in and the childrens activities time has just gone really quick and all the holiday seasons are upon us, go figure right?

As far as the car goes, the wife and I recently purchased a new home with a bigger garage for me to be able to work in which has been really nice except moving was a really big pain. All the stuff that you collect when you're in a place for a really long time just kind of adds up.

I've started working on detailing under the hood of the car and painting things up and getting it all cleaned up. Still trying to get somebody to help me work on the body. This may be a learning experience for me as well.

As far as the engine goes can have been working lots of overtime at his real job and still collecting / assembling some parts. I'm hoping to be able to have everything ready by spring. My brother who is a truck driver, has offered to help with transport of the engine once completed. He has been making very regular runs to the Seattle area and doesn't see it slowing down anytime soon. Which is great for me :).

There are still a few parts needed, but I've been waiting on a few parts to still arrive that haven't gotten here yet. Thanks everybody for your support! I will take some pictures of what I've gotten done and post them after the weekend.

Thanks again everybody for all your support!

Glad to hear about the progress, and yes toss some pics up! This is a build thread after all!!! ;)

Post up an updated list of what's needed. Maybe someone who hasn't thrown in on this project will see it for the first time, or someone came across some extra parts they don't need.

Let's keep this build moving!!

As I start the build process, I will post updates. Really waiting on pistons at this point (along with time when I am not in pain).

WTH!!!!

Why am I just finding out about this? Ken and Jay I'm talking you ya'll. :mad: Yeah Jay I know you told me Ken was doing you a solid and building your engine but you never mentioned anything about needing any parts. I haven't read the whole thread but I see in the post just above this one that pistons are still needed. Are you guys accepting donations? How do I donate? What else is needed? I'll go half with someone on a new set of pistons or if you already have half of what you need for them I'll donate the rest. HOW DO I DONATE???

Jay I know you told me in Bowling Green how moved you were about the help you were getting but I thought you were talking about the help Ken was giving you. We had already talked about his offer to build your engine so that is what I thought you meant. Man if I had known that you were needing some parts then I could have brought up some parts I have to give to you then. I'll ship them if you do still need something I have.

Do you have a good radiator?

Hey guys,

Things are starting to happen now. Ken has been busy with prior obligations and working overtime at his primary job as well. Looks like he Will starting motor assembly in the next week or so.

As for the body, me and the boys have started taking the engine bay apart and cleaning everything as we take it out. The goal is to have it out of the way and make the engine install easier. I have been taking some pics along the way. I will get them downloaded from the camera and try to post some soon.

Thanks again.

Jay

Jay,
You said you were going come by me sometime in January??? Should I just ship the Turbo out to you?

Prasad

Jay,
You said you were going come by me sometime in January??? Should I just ship the Turbo out to you?

Prasad

I will actually be going to Green Bay this weekend, I can pick it up on Sun on the way back of you will be available. I could also come thru Fri and grab it but it would be like 7pm before I would get thru there.

Thanks