?????Would you or Would you not?????

Dreamn4GN

ok guys so i was offered a proposal from my gf ( future fiance) If i graduate from nursing school, she'd buy me a turbobuick. she said up to 15k. luckily she makes 80 grand a year. and shes only 23.and has that kinda money layin around. So the decision i have is should accept the gift from her and get a turbo buick within a yr. Or take some pride and pay for my own turbo buick and wait longer then a yr ? Or is this a no brainer. ????:rolleyes:

Sounds like she's a keeper ..put the ring on her finger then get the buick ..That's a no brainer ..Good luck

ok guys so i was offered a proposal from my gf ( future fiance) If i graduate from nursing school, she'd buy me a turbobuick. she said up to 15k. luckily she makes 80 grand a year. and shes only 23.and has that kinda money layin around. So the decision i have is should accept the gift from her and get a turbo buick within a yr. Or take some pride and pay for my own turbo buick and wait longer then a yr ? Or is this a no brainer. ????:rolleyes:
I would not, or I would like to believe that I would not accept it. Her offering and your accepting such an expensive gift could influence whatever relationship you guys may or may not have down the road. If you guys were older and married, I could see it possibly, but just being boyfriend / girlfriend I don't think that it is a healthy idea for the relationship. Just my thoughts though. Is she worried about your graduating to the point that she would like to influence your completing school?

old age talking ... take the $$$ and BUY a house.. Can't beat the timing to do that . It is MORE important than a car. After that get a TB :cool:

alll good thoughts..... things change over time, we will see what happens. thanz guys

I totally agree with this statement. My wife and her sister just went in together and bought a house in Las Vegas. Market so bad that the house is an original $280K and they got it for $114K. Value will go up when market does. Get the car later. There will be time enough for the car later. :)

old age talking ... take the $$$ and BUY a house.. Can't beat the timing to do that . It is MORE important than a car. After that get a TB :cool:

I would not, or I would like to believe that I would not accept it. Her offering and your accepting such an expensive gift could influence whatever relationship you guys may or may not have down the road. If you guys were older and married, I could see it possibly, but just being boyfriend / girlfriend I don't think that it is a healthy idea for the relationship. Just my thoughts though. Is she worried about your graduating to the point that she would like to influence your completing school?

Listen to the old far* err I mean wise one:p

I wouldn't do it, you'll always feel obligated to her for the gift. Graduate your schooling and buy it for yourself. If you really love her and want to marry her then use the money for a down payment on a house with a great big garage to put your Buick in.;)

Play it safe and just buy the car yourself,she might have a change of heart,and like jasjamz you will appreciate it much more;)

Yeah you don't want her using it to manipulate you or if she leaves try to take it with her. It's a nice deal but see if you can get there on your own.

Smart man...
Anyway I think it will always be eating at you that you did not earn it, and it could be held against you later.
She does sound like a keeper though.
Finish school for you...not for anyone else.

Bryan

No brainer. How many times in ur life will a women buy YOU a car? Not many. It's about common sense not morals.

I agree with Bret on this one, who are you to refuse her generousity.

Besides if you marry her, she'll have alot more to hold over your head in a short time anyway. Might as well get the TR out of it before the misery sets in!! :eek: :eek: :biggrin:

I'm going to echo what most everyone else has said.

8 years ago my then g/f bought me a hot rod. We had to sell it a month later for $500 less than was paid for it. The cash was stored in our home for easy access.

Then a month after that our relationship ended on very unpleasant terms, with her taking the cash and trying to get me to pay back what she didn't get, which was lost in the sale of the car.

Also will agree a house is more important than a car. But wait a few years after you're married to do that.

My 2 cents

I'm going to echo what most everyone else has said.

8 years ago my then g/f bought me a hot rod. We had to sell it a month later for $500 less than was paid for it. The cash was stored in our home for easy access.

Then a month after that our relationship ended on very unpleasant terms, with her taking the cash and trying to get me to pay back what she didn't get, which was lost in the sale of the car.

Also will agree a house is more important than a car. But wait a few years after you're married

My 2 cents

Sorry but im going to have to disagree with you on waiting after you get married.The minute he gets married its all over for him on buying thinks that he is interested in,we all know this.
This reminds me when i got ingage to my wife.the day that i propsed to her i told her with this ring comes a gn,which i new she was'nt going to say no because the ring came from her favorite jewelry store Tiffany's.:biggrin:.I also told her what i paid for the ring that she's been driving me crazy for 12 years is what im going to pay for the gn.A month later i got the gn and all hell broke out with we need the money for this and that not this piece of sH^T.6 years later she still wants me to sell the gn.If she only know how much i spend on the gn she would KILL me:eek:

thanx guys , all valid opinions, but shes a gurl who has everythign she wants, she has money coming outt of all holes. and yeh im gonna get threw school for me ofcourse ( so i can pile all that money into the buick). but shes said it would be a just b/c gift. She has bought me 4 wheelers, dirtbikes, and put them in my name, so i dont think she would try to take it back if n e thing did happen to our relationship. but i am leaning towards buying it myself have a lil pride in it. Maybe she can buy me my 2nd or 3rd or both. Shes a sugar mama. She just bought me a new bow and arrow set up, that went for 1,400. haha. she loves to fish, im gettin her in the tree stand this coming year. I hope you guys get as lucky as i did. well sh*t you guys got turbobuicks, i dont. i can only hope to be as lucky as you