Your best/favorite Torque wrench?

At home working on the cars I use a Matco 1/2" drive that I bought on eBay practically new for $100. Its accurate so I'm pretty happy with it.

At work on the helicopters all we use is Snap On, paid for by the government.;) They are periodically checked for correct calibration. Out of the 13 torque wrenches we have in our inventory only 1 failed calibration in the last year.

As mentioned earlier the most important things are to back off the torque wrench to its lowest settings after use and get the calibration checked periodically. The really cheap brands might be good right out of the box but after a few hundred uses maybe not.

I bought a harbor Freight cheapie years ago couldn't understand why kept blowing headgaskets . Machine shop asked what type of wrench used. Owner showed me his collection of junk wrenches guess who had the most. My wrench was off all over the board. Now I let them check it before use on important projects. I just bought a digital one havn't used yet from Brown Line Metalworks, LLC

i have three Craftsman torque wrenches.... Where does "the average guy" go to check their accuracy?

aaron

Aaron since it is a craftsman you can just break it and take it to sears to get a new one. Just kiddin. I don't know where to check them unless you can find someone that has access to a calibration machine.

I've got a 1/2" Proto 150# clicker, and a Craftsman 3/8"ratcheting 200 in-lb clicker wrench. Both have been invaluable. Down here, it's $70 per wrench per calibration, so I've never had it done on either wrench...

I got a digital one from Brownline. Solid solid unit. It's $150 that I got for $99 ;). I got the same as turbofrank.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick