You can type here any text you want

1/2 or 3/4 groove main bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chris

What is the preferred bearing, a 1/2 or 3/4 groove? I'd like to get king bearings but the 3/4 groove bearings isn't listed in the summitt racing search.

As far as I know, King does not have a 3/4 groove bearing. Sealed Power does list a 3/4 groove bearing, and I know FM makes them in a hard race bearing. The 3/4 groove bearings are supposed to get more oil to the rods.

Im using the 3/4 groove .001 from TA Performance, only reason Im using the 3/4 groove is I didnt see the .001 in the regular bearing untill after I ordered, oh well.

Any quality tri-metal bearing will work good in a Buick. I've even run the aluminum bearings in a pinch and they qualified for Pinks All Out top 32 with a mildly tuned 10.50. We thought 10.50 was going to be the sweet spot. It ended up being 10.15-10.20. That's life.

What is the difference between the bi-metal and the tri-metal, the king bearings I'm looking at are bi-metal.

Back