10 sec??

xxbmxxerxx

i was wondering what i need to change/add to my current setup to obtain my goal of 10 secs?

my current setup:
TA-49 Turbo, 3" Terry Houston Downpipe, SMC Progressive Alcohol Injection Kit, Scanmaster 2.1, External Adjustable Wastegate, 2 1/2" Areo Champer Exhaust, 2 1/2" Cross under Exhaust Pipe, 3" Dump Pipe, Power Trax Locking Rear, 42lb Injectors, Race Jace Intake Plate, 8mm Wires, 3 1/2" K+N Cold Air Intake, Art Car Shift Kit, Art Car Super Serovu, 3200rpm Stall Converter, Hardened Stator, Wide Band in Trans, Stainless Steel Headers, VDO Boost Gauge, Turbo Tweak Chip - Jays GN Custom Chip, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Pressure Gage ATI, Buick Power Sperb Valve Covers, Engine Tie Down Strap, 340 Warber Fuel Pump, 160 Thermostat

What are you running now?

To get in the 10s i would say- bigger turbo, bigger injectors, bigger intercooler, roller cam, ported heads, and a chip to tie it all together. Oh, and some sticky tires.

i havent ran the car yet since i owned it.. last owner said it was a mid 11 second car when tuned right.

PT61 turbo
Front mount intercooler
60lb injectors
Chip
boost and timing
sticky tires
weight reduction
Might want to install axles before some hard track hits.

What intercooler do you have? and with the meth you MIGHT be OK with the 42s for high 10s, I just don't know much about tuning with meth though.

I did it with stock heads and cam but I also run 110 leaded gas 28lbs of boost and 27 deg of timing. See sig :D

Good luck.
Scott

I would do some research on tuning. Honestly I think it would be possible to get into the 10's with what you have now if it were tuned perfectly in perfect conditions if you were making some of your fueling up through the alcohol kit. I'd say to make it easy I'd put a little bigger turbo and injectors on and consider having the heads ported. Then it wouldn't be quite a bit easier to get into the high 10's

a guy is selling a slighlty used PT-63 turbo and said he might be intersested in a trade for my ta-49.. is this a good deal? the guy lives 5 minutes from me so im gonna check out the turbo.. pictures are attached..

Attachments

• pt2.JPG
    pt2.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 291
A pt-61 is a great turbo with a 3200 stall!
I had a pt 67 p-trim while I had the pt61 and there was no difference in time with my unported stock Irons. The fastest I could go was 11.30's. After I put some ported Irons on "Look out" the car went into the 10.80's after the third pass my stock 150,000mi block gave me the finger and broke in two half track. :frown: Word to the wise don't go into the 10's unless you have a girdle, or steel mains. You'll be on borrowed time.

a guy is selling a slighlty used PT-63 turbo and said he might be intersested in a trade for my ta-49.. is this a good deal? the guy lives 5 minutes from me so im gonna check out the turbo.. pictures are attached..

Looks pretty nice. Make sure you wiggle the shaft a little bit to check for any up/down or side to side end play.

You are probably going to need a 3200-3400 stall for this turbo. Definatly a 10sec turbo though.