11.999 On Stock Heads?

With a big enough turbo, sure. As for timing, I'd suggest 14-16 degrees.

I realize there are lots of factors that effect EGT,
In “general terms”, do you recall what the EGT’s were at this timing?

If I'm not mis-taken, wasn't Gallina banned from the NHRA and their record voided for that class for a year because of an illegal turbo in the hot-air car ?....ie....too large to pass tech....

I dont think the record was voided and they won their appeal with NHRA so the suspension was lifted.

well i just got a call my parts are ready for pick up at the powder coaters so here is a pic of my car for the hell of it.

PICT0237.jpg

My first TR was an 84 Wh1. My buddy still owns the car. Was alot of fun,more so than my 87 even though the 87 was a ton was a second and half faster.

No.. Intercooled car.. The Gallina's hot air car ran deep in the 11s with untouched heads and stock cam tho. Course, they were also running 30+ PSI.
Actually Marka ran an 11.63 with her hot air before they redid the engine and eventually sold it. Still impressive. If you are referring to gear she ran 3.73 gear. I have all the information in a file at home. Since you can't find it on the internet anymore. And no their record was not voided. The turbo she was running wasn't any bigger (actually)smaller then the last couple Lee ran.

As far as getting into the 11's with stock heads and turbo, I hope you do it. It would be nice to see you accomplish this. I think with tuning and a lot of patients you can get there.

If Ms. Jamie says you can get there.... YOU CAN GET THERE... Now go do it Brent!!!

If I am not mistaken, Duttweilers K/Stock GN T Type had 4.56 and a 3000 stalled T350 in it. His 200r4 to a dump. I was almost sure the Gallina's had a blue printed stock turbo because of Stock rules. NHRA kept moving their index each time the car was ran...:frown: I think I still have the article of HOT ROD and Ken Duttweiler's Hot Air... I will look tonight... This car was STOCK.. No one had parts for it.... they ran 12.30's in 1985... before intercoolers..:D

Jay I rememebr reading that Gallinas car had 4.56's in it. Is that the case?

Something like that but that cat used OD. Im not sure if there was any gains by doing that.

If I am not mistaken, Duttweilers K/Stock GN T Type had 4.56 and a 3000 stalled T350 in it. His 200r4 to a dump. I was almost sure the Gallina's had a blue printed stock turbo because of Stock rules. NHRA kept moving their index each time the car was ran...:frown: I think I still have the article of HOT ROD and Ken Duttweiler's Hot Air... I will look tonight... This car was STOCK.. No one had parts for it.... they ran 12.30's in 1985... before intercoolers..:D

The car did not have a stock turbo on it. I actually had my hands in that car, I know what was on it. I also know how much the car slowed down when a stock turbo was put back on it. (Hint: A lot)

Thanks Jay... TURDBO Magazine's write up on the car was NOT right. I read the article 1000 times. What the most part, Marka's car was remarkable.... 4.56 and overdrive:eek: I think you said before they wired the waste gate to see over 30lbs.. Did the engine use felpro stock 85 head gaskets or Cosmetics? If you can remember, Jay, what type of timing / fuel pressure did the car run with 30lbs+