160 lbs injectors

calais1965

Hello!

I have tried to find chip for my 160 lbs injectors, i contacted Eric and he answered:

"Hello,

I don't currently make any chips for 160lb injectors. They are not very street friendly, so most people go with the 120's.

I could make a chip, but you would probably have to do a lot of tuning with the T-Pro, and I'm not sure it would ever run right."

Where have you finded you chips for 160 lbs injectors?
If i dont find chip i could trade my new bosch injectors to 120 lbs injectors, so i can order chip from eric.

Thanks!

JP

Hello!

I have tried to find chip for my 160 lbs injectors, i contacted Eric and he answered:

"Hello,

I don't currently make any chips for 160lb injectors. They are not very street friendly, so most people go with the 120's.

I could make a chip, but you would probably have to do a lot of tuning with the T-Pro, and I'm not sure it would ever run right."

Where have you finded you chips for 160 lbs injectors?
If i dont find chip i could trade my new bosch injectors to 120 lbs injectors, so i can order chip from eric.

Thanks!

JP

Eric is the man if he can't do it then you're SOL. I talked with him in the past and he said the same thing to me. At this point if you are running the factory ECM, your limit is 120 unless you switch to a stand alone system. If you do, look into the Proefi system like the one on Turbo Cliffs car. It's bad ass system. He went to the track and ran some very impressive numbers on E85 and Drag radials!

HTH
Prasad

For a race car, I can make it work (as good as the aftermarket ecm cars I've seen). It will idle at around 1100rpm, and the A/F at idle is around 11.0, but it will vary due to the small inj pulsewidth. Above idle, it's ok. I actually have 160's in my car at the moment with E85 to experiment with them.

I wouldn't use them for a car driven on the street. The 120's are much better for that. Not sure how fast you want to go, but 80's are good for mid 10's on E85 and maybe a little faster.

You might also try Bob B (turbobob) as he's done a chip for the 160's, especially since you have a Translator Pro. Not sure he wants to do another one though...:biggrin:

Eric

Let us know how you come out eric.

I've helped try to tune a set on a DSM before. We had best luck with silly low base fuel pressures (25psi). I forget the exact deadtimes we were using to get the car to idle decently. (was around 12:1 gas scale) Deadtimes were way out of the norm as well. In the 600-700 range if I recall...

Tuning was done with SD on the Jakal freeware available for the moates systems on the 1g DSM's.

The flow on these things are all over the place!

Flow20vs20Pressure20-20800.jpg

Let us know how you come out eric.

I've helped try to tune a set on a DSM before. We had best luck with silly low base fuel pressures (25psi). I forget the exact deadtimes we were using to get the car to idle decently. (was around 12:1 gas scale) Deadtimes were way out of the norm as well. In the 600-700 range if I recall...

Tuning was done with SD on the Jakal freeware available for the moates systems on the 1g DSM's.

The flow on these things are all over the place!

Flow20vs20Pressure20-20800.jpg

You would only want to run those from betweeen 2 and 9 msec, unless it was absolutely necessary to do otherwise.
And 2msec is prob too long at idle, I'm guessing

I don't see 120lbers on Erik's site. I've contacted him about a chip for 120s (or 160s) as well.

I'm not sure where to get the 120s. I PMd Mr.Bailey as well about 120s and 160s, and he said 120s are easier to make a chip for, so I know I'm getting the chip from him (just not sure if I order through Full Throttle or what).

As far as injectors..it looks like racetronix is getting my money because I don't see Erik offering the 120s.

120's are a good choice because that's about what 2 walbro fuel pumps can fully support.

I don't stock the 120's. You can get them from racetronix or pte. You can order the chip from my store if you want.

I don't stock the 120's. You can get them from racetronix or pte. You can order the chip from my store if you want.

Any plans on stocking them soon? I have a 85$ certificate to tt from the bpg race burning a hole in my pocket...I don't have a chip car though.
I had 160's but they were borrowed and had to give them back.

Any plans on stocking them soon? I have a 85$ certificate to tt from the bpg race burning a hole in my pocket...I don't have a chip car though.
I had 160's but they were borrowed and had to give them back.

I ordered a few flow matched sets of 120's a couple days ago. I'll put them into the webstore as soon as I receive them. They'll be about $390 a set.