18/19" GNX Replica Wheels Installed

turbojay

After much thought and research, I decided to go for it and buy the new GNX reproduction wheels from www.gdbodyparts.com and tires from www.tirerack.com. I got the wheels ceramic coated and they look phenomenal.
Set of 2 18" x 9" and 2 19" x 9.5" with power 6 Hex GNX style caps
255/35R-18 FIRESTONE FIREHAWK INDY 500 XL fronts
285/30R-19 FIRESTONE FIREHAWK INDY 500 XL rears

The car is running on Ridetech single adjustable coilover suspension. There was no rubbing on the initial drive around the block. More testing and adjusting to follow after the snow and salt wash away around here.

Thanks to "1984 t type" & "motrhed87" for the inspiration and Brian at gbodyparts for the wheels.
IMG_5296.JPGIMG_5300.JPGIMG_5302.JPGIMG_5306.JPG

Awesome man. Tires look good. I plan and doing the ceramic coating on my wheels as well. The stance Is right on. A lot of people don’t or haven’t heard about the ceramic coating. It is well worth it when trying to clean the brake dust off every crevice. :cool::cool::cool:

I just installed mine today, 18x8 & 18x9
255-35 front and 285-35 rear,
my car is lowered 2in all around (dropped spindles, &Eilbach springs)
they all clear great,
the rim/tires have been sitting in the garage for 3 mos ( don't ask)
now..... I'm loving it.
WE4 18 CC =9.jpg

Man im loving this picture of your car ! Im gonna have to use it as my screensaver till i can get mines back on the ground and out for pics.

Attachments

• 1553190904015.png
    1553190904015.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
Any issues with rubbing on the rears? I've got same 18"x9" rears with 275/40ZR18's on the back & inner fender lip looks dangerously close . Guess it depends on how much suspension travel.....my first drive went well with no such issues. Am holding of on the fender rolling for the time being, but giving it some thought.
85644D38-D8F3-44BE-8877-2784569FBC1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Any issues with rubbing on the rears? I've got same 18"x9" rears with 275/40ZR18's on the back & inner fender lip looks dangerously close . Guess it depends on how much suspension travel.....my first drive went well with no such issues. Am holding of on the fender rolling for the time being, but giving it some thought.View attachment 338283

The rear fenders on my GN are already rolled so I have no rubbing issues with 19x9.5/285-30-19 wheels/tires. Also, the suspension travel is minimal with the Ridetech suspension. I probably should've gone with 295's.

I just dont see the point of putting a rim/tire combo on a car that will never be able to hook up to any real power. Just seems silly to me. I guess the whole "80's Drifting look" has become popular. What next? Fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror....smh

I just dont see the point of putting a rim/tire combo on a car that will never be able to hook up to any real power. Just seems silly to me. I guess the whole "80's Drifting look" has become popular. What next? Fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror....smh
I was worried about that too but it’s not the case. Dads car runs 295/40/18 Nitto 555s and they do keep traction. Turns out you can have the best of both worlds. The second gear hit is still good and throws you back in the seat.

You can do whatever floats your boat bro. Not everyone needs their GN's to be drag race cars.

Its not about the DRAG RACE scene its about keeping true to an iconic image. What next? Spinners? They belong on Air lifted Regals with wild paint jobs NOT on a Grand National. But hey whatever floats ur boat....

You can do whatever floats your boat bro. Not everyone needs their GN's to be drag race cars.