You can type here any text you want

18x8 and 20x10 set up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb8125

Hey guys I am trying to get my car's stance set up I want to know what you guys think I should do I was thinking of leaving the back stock and dropping the front 1 or 2 inches
now its stock set up
with 20.10 with 5.5 back spacing and the tires are 275 40 20
and 18.8 with 4.5 back spacing and the tires are 245 40 18

Attachments

• DSC02271.jpg
    DSC02271.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC02268.jpg
    DSC02268.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 693
  • DSC02274.jpg
    DSC02274.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC02272.jpg
    DSC02272.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 552
I say go 2 inches in the front and 1 in the rear. Post up pics when you're done. Looks good so far.

Front need to go down a bit IMO. I guess you realize and intentionally got the tires a bit larger than OEM diam, To be a fairly accurate plus 5 or as close as you can get, it should be a 275/30-20 in rear. (but it looks good the way you have it, nice and full) The gap is more obvious in the front since its a smaller diam than rear, they are 27.5" vs the rears 28.75", and if you ever change the rear, it'l look evenly gapped. (OEM diam on a GN is 26" even.) If you plan to run these tire sizes, throw on some springs and you are cool, if you feel the effect of the large tires, scrubbing or in the gearing, and plan to change next time consider that when doing the suspension upgrade.
FYI, I have a set of New never installed Suspension Techniques springs, set of 4, $160 shipped anywhere east of the Mississippi.
All in all, I think the car will look great dropped, and the wheel choice is REAL nice!

i was planning to use drop spindles... I was thinking that if i use spring I would get to much nose dive when braking hard

If you use drop spindles the tires will rub, use springs they won't give you problems

xcessiv
what did you use. I like the stance your car has..... I want to make this car more of a pro-touring style car.... Is your body kit from Lauren Engineering

QA1 coil over withe BMR upper and lower control arms I notice on pro-touring.com you were going to notch the frame why? When you cut on the car it lowers the value to me because you can't reverse it. I use 4.75 backspace with lots of room in the rear. Side skirts are custom pieces.

Its not a Buick, but...

Here is our 66 Chevelle with 18x8 fronts and 20x10 rears...

Whatca think?:smile:

Attachments

• ssvelle13.jpg
    ssvelle13.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 520
Look like COYS WHEELS to me........... maybe you should have gone with a 5" BS on the rear with alum drums like I did on my 18x9.5s? Hope your experience with those A-holes was better than mine!:rolleyes:

Oh, and your tire sizes. I assume you wanted the tire sidewall to be the same height on front and rear, even with the 2" difference in wheel diameter correct? You might actually be close, but you might benefit from changing the front tire size to a 245/45R18, then drop the front 1" with springs.

Im going to attempt math here, but here is how I calculated my tire sizes so that the sidewall height from front to rear was exactly the same even with staggering wheel diameters & widths.

Front tire 245/45R17. .45 x 245 = 110.25mm sidewall height

Rear tire 275/40r18. .40 x 275 = 110mm sidewall height

YOUR Front tire 245/40R18. .40 x 245 = 98mm

Optional Front 245/45R18. .45 x 245 = 110.25mm

YOUR Rear tire is 275/40R20 .40 x 275 = 110mm

Now obviously wheel width has a lot to do with how the sidewall appears on the wheels. For instance, 245 is about perfect for a 8" wide wheel, and 275 is just about perfect for a 10" wide wheel.

I dont know if this helped any, but I thought Id throw it out there. I feel that your front tire size has a lot to do with your gap up front. HTH :)

based on this calculator I will 20% off on my speedo.... Is there a way to calibrate the speed to match the setup i am running

most speed sensors are a small gear in the tranny that can be changed fairly easily w/o removing the tranny. I honestly am not 100% sure on TRs, but I know its the case on many other domestic cars. (Unless you have digital dash like me...then I have no clue how to recalibrate it)

Back