2004R Pressure Release Transbrake

quickt

The Mission - Build the first pressure release Transbrake for 2004R like the 400s use. The challenge was to get it under the stock pan, retain all lock up functions, work with any valvebody modification, Lightning fast set up, lightning fast release, No downsides and last but not least make it so it could be installed by the end user with moderate mechanical skills. Mission accomplished!!!!!!

Attachments

• 200 Transbrake 002.jpg
    200 Transbrake 002.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 977
The trans must be in the manual low position. When you supply 12 volts the solenoid closes and applies the brake. What makes this transbrake very unique? Its the only pressure release brake for the 2004R. Simply put it uses the pressure in the circuit to push open the valve on release. (Same exact solenoid we use on the Griner valvebody.) It has the largest feed and release ever used in the 200 for a transbrake. Other brakes use a pilot circuit or switching valve for transbrake release. I built brakes for years with a switching valve. It takes much longer to release the fluid from the circuit with a pilot or switching valve as there is no pressure to force the valve open and start the release of oil. It requires the circuit to change directions or bleed oil off to start the release. This takes valuable time away from transbrake release.

I have them available now. I am working on the instructions for the kit. I will post pricing in the appropriate section later in the week. Dont want to get my hands smacked by posting it here.

Now thats cooking with style, :wink: nice job Lonnie, best of luck with a successful launch of a great new product.

Kevin.

Way to go Lonnie!

I can't wait to get some reviews out there on this unit....... definately on my Christmas List if this thing works as good as it appears it will.....

Another pic with lock up harness installed with bulkhead fitting and 4 prong connector.

Attachments

• 200 Transbrake 010.jpg
    200 Transbrake 010.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 827
  • 200 Transbrake 012.jpg
    200 Transbrake 012.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 827
  • 200 Transbrake 001.jpg
    200 Transbrake 001.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 829
I recognize that governor body. Good job Lonnie.
How's the hit? Is it hard? Adjustable?