2005 subaru legacy 3.8 turbo "the buckaru"

^ gee thanks ! yea i love this car, my car is the gt version that has bigger brakes and suspension and quicker steering ratio,
this thing is amazing in 16" of power snow , amazing on the highway, and every in-between, i pull trailers around if you see the video with a 3500 lb bob cat in a 1500 lb trailer,
the a/c works heated leather seats sunroof 6 cd changer. its combining the simplicity and robustness of the 3.8 with symmetrical awd of subaru.
its fun to leave 4wd burn outs from stop lights leave corvettes mustangs just sitting there with a dumb look on their face, i can do a 1.8 sec 60 foot on wet roads and even better on dry. i can pull on to a highway on ramp at wot and not even be concerned. i took a local guy from kanawake who has a 8 sec grand national,( and a 9 second n/a v6 engine for it) for a little ride and he seemed to like it!.

Question 2.......... Does this swap require the FWD motor? or could the adapter be made to fit the earlier block plattern and engine?

I ask because I have a GN pull out that would be perfect to use, already got all the turbo goodies...

I have been reading your thread on legacy GT... and i see you have the machining process all figured out... way eaiser then me doing it any day of the week....

well the fwd block is shorter ! and front pulley to rad clearence is the only tight spot of this.

i'm certain you could pick up a whole fwd engine for 150$ even rock auto has complete long blocks available for 1300$

well the fwd block is shorter ! and front pulley to rad clearence is the only tight spot of this.

i'm certain you could pick up a whole fwd engine for 150$ even rock auto has complete long blocks available for 1300$

i gotcha, had to ask since i had the older one.. lol.

okays man. im sold.

Im sold too. But the car isn't mine and unless my dad gets a different car for my mom, i won't get my hands on it for a while. Plus my funds now are zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

^ uh well find a Legacy gt or impreza or similar with a blown engine. but its not like its a rush or anything ! its just an idea.

do you guys approve of my turbo 6 sticker ?

Attachments

• IMG_2919.JPG
    IMG_2919.JPG
    922.5 KB · Views: 310
Frank, you sir are an evil genius and MUST be stopped. We can't be having these Subie boys going faster.

Great job ! I love hybrids . I have a Buick powered C4 corvette , Turbo T/A , and 1980 EL Camino.

Whats the gas milage difference between the 4 cylinder and the buick V6 ?
Regards,
Juan :D

about the same, the legacy gt are known for having pretty bad economy, about 24-28 highway and 15-18 city. its weird a 2.5i ( non turbo legacy) will get 35 highway and 20-24 city, for the same displacement.

mine seems to be horrible if i let it idle and sitting in traffic sucks back the fuel. but as soon as on the highway at 75mph even tho the engine is reving 3k its happy as a pig in shit.

i'm going to be switching to propane soon, but i wonder if roller rockers and bumping up the compression would help with mpg's.

how are the other turbo buicks do for city and highway mpg's?

Wow, that's a great conversion! Thanks for sharing it. I see the amount of work that went into the adapter etc. between the Subaru powertrain and the Buicl engine. Very well done!

So i broke the crank a while ago .
Turns out it was due to poor machining from the machine shop.

So i took the opertunity to fix some stuff up and make it a bit nicer under the hood

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 302
I just posted on your youtube video of it running. Are you running any more boost now?

Well the inly reason i have not is the tranny .
I also broke a couple flex plates so i made one !

The tranny issues i hope to solve with trans controller .

Untill recently this was only wheels so now i have my k10 pick up as a back up.
So hope fully i can set aside more time for tinkering.
But its still a 13.2 sec car at the moment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 252