2013 Norwalk Buick weekend/Cal Hartline dyno tuning!

Limited87

Well guys and gals, I have gotten several PM's and emails over the last 8 months or so asking me if I was going to hold another dyno tuning session at Buschur Racing during Norwalk Buick Race weekend. I set this up last year at the last minute for friday and had ALOT of people came out to get cars dyno tuned and spectate. I didnt realize what a hit this would be and how much fun everyone was going to have!

Here are a couple threads from last years dyno gathering.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...rtline-in-norwalk-6-15-2-spaces-avail.378147/

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/dyno-today.378571/#post-3031039

Well Im here to say its officially happing again this year!! Friday April 26 and Saturday April 27 from 9am to 5pm both days!!

This will be held at:
Buschur Racing
24 West Main St.
Wakeman, OH

Buschur's is 9 miles from Norwalk's Summit Motorsports Park. This is a beautiful, state of the art shop with a dedicated Mustang Dynometer room.

Cal Hartline will be flying in from Florida and I will be setting up dyno sessions for both days! This is not just limited to Buicks. Cal can tune many differant fuel mangement systems on many types of cars. FAST XFI, Classic FAST, Big Stuff, etc. Price is going to depend on how many people commit to having cars tuned. In short.. the more people who commit and dyno the less the price will figure to be per car. PM me for more details.

Also we will have horsepower pulls with dyno result sheets for $50 bucks for 2 pulls. If anyone just wants to see what there car is putting down to the wheels.

Anyone wanting to get in line for Hartline dyno tuning must PM me to do so. Spaces will be limited so dont delay to long on reserving a spot.

Everyone is welcome to come out and bring there Buicks and spectate! I will be updating details on this as I have them.

Thanks,
Brian Lorenz

Might have to stop by for a couple quick pulls. Will be in Norwalk for the Buick weekend anyways...

Hi Brian, we want to thank you for setting this up. Bill and I will try to stop by and check it out on Friday. We would like to see all of you at the track on Sunday too proving out all the dyno tunes!!
Now all we need is the head ups racers to tell us what they need for classes for Sunday!! TSO, THS and xTSM are you guys in? The track schedule will need to finalize shortly!!
Thanks!

Hello Roberta, I was happy to put this together for everyone especially since the friday track rental day has gone away. It would be great if you and Bill stopped out. All of us will be at the track on Sunday! I wish we could have got the car show moved out to the dyno shop on Saturday like so many had requested but it wasnt in the cards I guess. You can only dyno tune and make dyno pulls on so many cars in 1 eight hour day. Some cars can take a couple hours to tune. See how thing go and what the turn out looks like and maybe we can look into a switch for next year. Thanks for your support!

Now all we need is the head ups racers to tell us what they need for classes for Sunday!! TSO, THS and xTSM are you guys in? The track schedule will need to finalize shortly!!
Thanks!

I know several TSO guys have said they will be there. Whatever the schedule is, count them in. They need at least two qualifying rounds (preferably three), at least 45 minutes apart. I'm expecting a 3 round race.

It would be a great idea to start including the dyno sessions at buschurs with the whole Buick weekend event.

I would be a great idea to start including the dyno sessions at buschurs with the whole Buick weekend event.
I agree. Brian did a cool thing in starting the dyno session, and it is so close to the track and other events. It would be nice someday to get the vendors and show all moved there, or work the Dyno session and show as the Friday and Saturday event and maybe after the AWESOME buffet dinner, have a killer Cruise at the ARBY'S to keep them involved. Could have the Cruise Friday and Sat night. That makes an entire weekend out of it. That would be some really fun filled days.
Mainly we need cars!!! For that show to only get 15-20 turbo cars total is not great. In order to keep our Buick weekends alive...we need turnout. We should be able to get 50 turbo guys to show up...just from this forum.

Just booked my ticket. Gotta call my buddy Scott Bolek and see if he wants to be the dyno guy that weekend.

Going to be a great time for sure. Lets hope for warm weather and dry as well. Snow, ice and rain today !

I have to miss this year different job and no vacation time so I have to pick and choose. I know a good time will be had by all.

Steve

I have to miss this year different job and no vacation time so I have to pick and choose. I know a good time will be had by all.

Steve

Sorry you can't make it, Steve. I'll see you at the April 6 Chicago tuning session.

It would be a great idea to start including the dyno sessions at buschurs with the whole Buick weekend event.

I agree Mike.. If the turn out is good and its what the Buick community wants to do, I will do my best to keep it going every year.

I agree. Brian did a cool thing in starting the dyno session, and it is so close to the track and other events. It would be nice someday to get the vendors and show all moved there, or work the Dyno session and show as the Friday and Saturday event and maybe after the AWESOME buffet dinner, have a killer Cruise at the ARBY'S to keep them involved. Could have the Cruise Friday and Sat night. That makes an entire weekend out of it. That would be some really fun filled days.
Mainly we need cars!!! For that show to only get 15-20 turbo cars total is not great. In order to keep our Buick weekends alive...we need turnout. We should be able to get 50 turbo guys to show up...just from this forum.

I completely agree coach. I offered to have the car show moved as I stated above to Buschur's. Its what almost all the people I talked with wanted to see happen but theres some sort of obligation to Arby's. His facilty is made to order for this with plenty of parking, paved areas as well manicured grass area's. East of Chicago Pizza is right across the street for dining in or taking your food back to the show. You can have all the performance based enthusiasts and show car enthusiasts at the same venue. Only made sence to me.. Maybe next year if things go well some of these ideas can be implemented.

Steve
That's a bummer Steve.. We def had a good time last year and we'll miss ya! Plan on next year!

Bump . Closing in with one month to go. Prepare for an action packed two days. Im sure ill be rolling video footage at least for all day Friday.

Anyone coming from out of town who needs to stop over or tools or anything let me know im about an hour east of the track. Will be updating on other boards as well all day today! 216 470 8844 is the cell!

Damn, I was hoping to drive my Max Wedge car for the weekend, but just got word that Rossler wont be able to get my tranny fixed within the next two weeks. It has a leak under full throttle, and we cannot find it. Oh well...I'll be there but in my daily driver. :(

Cal is the man. Had a great time yesterday. I know you guys will be in great hands.;):D

Thanks Steve! Your car threw down mid 8 second power! This season should be fun. Thanks to everyone in Chicago and Philadelphia for a fun filled weekend!

I need to thank Holly for being so nice to let us steal you from her. But both of you are great in my book for all you do for us. I can never thank you enough for all you do. :)

Steve