2014 THS Rules discussion

Thanks Lonnie. My car is legal minus the lower front control arms. But I got stock ones here so it is not an issue. Just need a motor. Found a 4.1 for $200 I'm going to try out. Going to throw those used ported heads and roller cam I got off here for $400 and go to work. I got that mystery turbo too. I think it's a 60.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Obtw, I like the cruise idea except the logistics of it is a nightmare.

Could make it a poker run the day before (even open it to all T classes to participate), have to visit 5 places in town within a time limit, and best hand wins a couple bucks. That way don't have to follow the leader, but still have to make it back to track in time to show your hand.

TAI has a cruise to the gas station to fill up on at least 10 gallons of pump 93. It's not far, just over the tracks to the first station on the right before town.

Doesn't tai have a cruise

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not exactly, but they do have a lot of drive in racers.

TAI has a cruise to the gas station to fill up on at least 10 gallons of pump 93. It's not far, just over the tracks to the first station on the right before town.

That counts in my book. You at least need plates to go out and get gas.

Not exactly, but they do have a lot of drive in racers.

That counts in my book. You at least need plates to go out and get gas.

Did anybody who raced TAI drive their cars toBG this year?
I thought you just had to meet at the station at a specific time, I did not know you had to drive there. Do they have to drive to the station? Thought I saw a picture of a car on the trailer filling up one year.

Did anybody who raced TAI drive their cars toBG this year?
I thought you just had to meet at the station at a specific time, I did not know you had to drive there. Do they have to drive to the station? Thought I saw a picture of a car on the trailer filling up one year.

I drove in 12 along with a few others. Don't know about 13 but it's not required to drive there. Just to the station to get gas, but I suppose you could trailor if needed but trailor to get 10 gallons of pump gas?

No cars have had to be trailered to get gas.....we all meet there on the morning of elim.'s to put 10 gallons from the same source, thats really one of the best rules we have.....other then just to have FUN!!!!

FWIW..... Good luck to all and be SAFE!!!!

See ya at the RACES!!!!!

Have to disagree JD...it was always a pain in my butt...couldn't eat with my buddies cuz I had to be at the the station, people that would ride with me the night before would have to find a different ride in the morning...nothing terrible, just less fun than the other days.

Have to disagree JD...it was always a pain in my butt...couldn't eat with my buddies cuz I had to be at the the station, people that would ride with me the night before would have to find a different ride in the morning...nothing terrible, just less fun than the other days.

Sorry for any incoveince.......to date this is the only negative response.......I have heard of.

Not saying that, for me it was always a necessity for the class since it was pump gas only, not something I was doing for fun.

Not something I would want to do in THS...some guys only run race fuel, wouldn't be nice to make them waste expensive fuel or spend time pumping fuel out and adding new after already running their cars for days.

JD, last year me and you took the Buicks to Theresa's for breakfast on the way to the gas station for the meetup. Nothing like a car you can race and drive anywhere on pump 93 ;)

Ok this street thing has been brought up a couple of times and I would like to point something out.

Turbo STREET Outlaw TSO
Turbo STREET Modified TSM

I can drive around all I want at night or at home.

I don't feel real strongly either way on most things brought up in this thread but a drive I would vote against for sure.

This from a guy that refuses to buy race fuel.

Ok this street thing has been brought up a couple of times and I would like to point something out.

Turbo STREET Outlaw TSO
Turbo STREET Modified TSM

I can drive around all I want at night or at home.

That was why when we came up with TAI we left out the S..... And FWIW TAI cars are all true street cars.