3.8 litre emblem fell off

Reaper

Pit Bitch
ok it must have been loose cause it feel off when i hit a bump in the road doing about 60mph. my question is how to i remove what is left the emblem and the crude (adhesive)!

thanks alot
Dathan

Reaper, I have a spare if you need it. I replaced one of mine when it fell off. I used WD 40 and just rubbed it off with a rag.

humph.... dennis i may take you up on that... what do you want for it?

Dathan

I will give it to you for free if you continue to harass the losers on the Azmustang board.

man... that is a tall price, i have already been kicked off once and i am prolly perdy close agian. but with said! F it i will take it. hell it will be fun to pay you for this!

:)

If you want to get the glue residue junk off there is a product called Goo-Gone or something similar (NOT Goof Off, I think that might be too strong for the paint). They sell it in the household cleaning depts at stores like Target. I have tried it and it works perfect without damaging paint or anything. Just let it soak and the gunk will come off pretty easily. And, it's orange scented too!!:D

Denatured alcohol is my favorite. I HATE emblems on cars and when I bought my first TR (87 T) in '96 I took off all of the emblems and used the alcohol to take off the residue. The only problem was that the burgundy paint was faded so bad you could still see the outlines of the emblems. :)