You can type here any text you want

32 psi in cylinder

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aaron87turbogn

Can any one help me out I did compression test have 150 psi besides driver middle cylinder I have 32 psi I just blew head gasket there and replaced it could it be valves not seeding was going to do leak down test a mec told me that might be the issue I need opinions cylinder walls and piston looked good when replaces head gasket

It was too loud were I was I couldn't hear im going to go to harbor freight today and purches a leak down tester maby help me out before I get too deep

If you replaced a blown head gasket and did not have the head checked, you are asking for trouble?

It is very common to have a valve seating issues when a head gasket is subjected to a serious blow out.

Always have the head checked for warpage, and the valves vacuum tested to assure they are sealing properly.

I NEVER replace a head gasket without having the shop first check the integrity of the valves which is a simple and quick test with the proper tool.

Or you could just buy a mity-vac and make the sealing disc yourself and be into it for under $100.00 bucks.

Would leak down test be like same thing wile head is on I'll be able to tell if there's a leaky valve in intake sid e or exhast

Although crude you could pressurize the offending cylinder [both valves closed] and listen for hissing noise coming from either the exhaust header or the intake manifold.

It sounds like you have a good size leak and should have no problem hearing it, but you need to pull that head anyways to fix the problem unless you have a pushrod holding the valve off the seat.

Pull the valve cover and see what you can find. You will need to confirm both valves are closed anyways and you can check the valvetrain while it's off.

Back