You can type here any text you want

4.1 stroker

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 t-tizzle

how big to stroke a 4.1L i have a block and fully ported irons /bigger valves need some info on cranks and pistons ie where to buy

Contact Dan at DLS. He has everything you need, including info to help you with your selection. Contact info is in my sig. Good luck.

I will be testing one soon,It is being finished now for a local car.
3.625 crank in a stock block 4.1 with Ported GN1s and a 224 hydraulic roller.
It is going in a full weight,optioned super clean 87 Gn with a
New Turbonetics 76 Strim 3 bolt.

We are finishing 4.1's strokers right now. Because of special order pistons, it takes about 2 months to do a stroker instead of our usual 4-5 weeks on a stock stroke Buick V-6.:smile:

nick-what are the specs and combo on the striker combiations-are you 6.5 rods and 1.200comp height like a stage2?

I will be testing one soon,It is being finished now for a local car.
3.625 crank in a stock block 4.1 with Ported GN1s and a 224 hydraulic roller.
It is going in a full weight,optioned super clean 87 Gn with a
New Turbonetics 76 Strim 3 bolt.

Hey Otto, keep me informed with the results on that. The combo sounds exactly like mine, minus the 76turbo. I run the 70 GTQ. I would be very interested to find out how much power you can make with it. Good luck.

nick-what are the specs and combo on the striker combiations-are you 6.5 rods and 1.200comp height like a stage2?

We have never used 6.5" rods as the ratio is not optimum and also it puts the pin too high in the piston.

Ours has 6.35 Rods i believe.
Mike ill keep ya updated,The short block should be done soon and i just
gotta put hte top end together and let him install it.
It will be on the dyno shortly following.
It has a pro-torque 10" LU right now but will have a
PTc convertor bring ordered for it.

Well it is a forged rotating assembly with a RJC girdle.We will be shooting it with twin meth nozzles also.
So its about as tough as we can make it.
Time will tell.

I run a 4.030 bore. But I can't afford new custom pistons with a stroker kit. I have a girdled block as well. I would like to know how much power that will live though as well.

Are the 4.1 blocks durable enough? Seems like people have tried them before with little success unless used for a low boost application.

Well it is a forged rotating assembly with a RJC girdle.We will be shooting it with twin meth nozzles also.
So its about as tough as we can make it.
Time will tell.

What injectors and engine management is he going to be running?

Back