You can type here any text you want

4.1 trash!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

007gn

I tried a built 4.1 in my car and it ran strong but the block just cant take the boost that my 3.8 could handle.the 4.1 is safe only to 15-19 psi of boost. my deck cracked in my heads stopped sealing.i now have a iron head stock stroke 3.8 back in my car & its much faster & safer than the 4.1 bcoz it can handle much more boost. the 4.1 is not worth switching over to.this is just a bunch of bs hype for engine builders to get more money into their pockets....don't waste your time & money on the 4.1 stick with the sucsessful & proven 3.8 . the REAL RACERS and GM engineers knew all of this stuff a long time ago.Now they are just sitting back letting guys like myself bump our heads and learn the hard way.my name is Shannon & I live in Detroit.The 3.8 is the true KING and the best block for your turbo buick.

3.8 motors run that fast and faster and stay together.

Your point is what? That is a known. He is having issues with 4.1. By the way, he is doing it with 18-20#. Seen his car first hand run a 10.3 on 15#....

Well what exactly happened maybe the tune? 4.1s are cool but what are you looking todo with the car. Qe all want to be 9 sec racers but few make it. Hope you find a clean 3.8 and get back on the road soon..

Your point is what? That is a known. He is having issues with 4.1. By the way, he is doing it with 18-20#. Seen his car first hand run a 10.3 on 15#....

My point is that you don't need a 4.1 and the 3.8 is a proven performer at high horsepower levels.

The 4.1 has been shown that it has it's share of problems staying together more so than the 3.8 does.

What's your point? Those numbers can be achieved with a properly built 3.8.

Last edited:
Your comments are misleading...
There are 4.1 GM blocks that are def weaker then the 3.8's, but mine is a 3.8 stroker...that is now 4.1...see my point???

Your comments are misleading...
There are 4.1 GM blocks that are def weaker then the 3.8's, but mine is a 3.8 stroker...that is now 4.1...see my point???

If that was directed at me, then you just proved what I've said in my last post and is /was the point I was trying to make.

The 4.1 BLOCK overall wasn't made to take the abuse the 3.8 BLOCK is.

Sorry Rob...
It didn't quote the post I intended.

It's all good, I suck at typing and sometimes what I try to say comes across as something else and is interpreted the wrong way and or to the wrong people.

I'm better at voice communication as you can hear my intent and the personality and context intended.:)

It's all good, I suck at typing and sometimes what I try to say comes across as something else and is interpreted the wrong way and or to the wrong people.

I'm better at voice communication as you can hear my intent and the personality and context intended.:)
Me too...
I ruffle feathers and get PM's about stuff and I'm never intending to degrade or put down anyone...ever...except the clueless kid in the LS forum.

I tried a built 4.1 in my car and it ran strong but the block just cant take the boost that my 3.8 could handle.the 4.1 is safe only to 15-19 psi of boost. my deck cracked in my heads stopped sealing.i now have a iron head stock stroke 3.8 back in my car & its much faster & safer than the 4.1 bcoz it can handle much more boost. the 4.1 is not worth switching over to.this is just a bunch of bs hype for engine builders to get more money into their pockets....don't waste your time & money on the 4.1 stick with the sucsessful & proven 3.8 . the REAL RACERS and GM engineers knew all of this stuff a long time ago.Now they are just sitting back letting guys like myself bump our heads and learn the hard way.my name is Shannon & I live in Detroit.The 3.8 is the true KING and the best block for your turbo buick.
Which 4.1 block did you use? What heads did you use?

I'll bet something was off in your tune. My 4.1 (291 block) has over 20 passes on it at 20lbs and 6000 street miles. I have had no issues yet with cracks, head gaskets, etc. Stock 3.8 crank, rods, & mains. Getting ready to install an alky kit and up the boost a bit.

I only know of one 4.1 block that was used by an experienced TB guy around here. He had issues with the block. He's given up on them. Now a Stage 4.1 is a different story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back