You can type here any text you want

443 whp hp on 93 octane only

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike T

I just came back from the dyno session and I am still very surprised. With 93 octane only the car made 394 whp on a stock cat back exhaust system and a walker stock style single muffler! The final pull was 443 whp @ 22.4psi with zero knock! The final pull was with open exhaust (no changes were made to the tune) but it did pick up psi.

I will upload PL files, dyno sheets & the video that the shop recorded.

This was the PL screen shot where it peaked @ 443 whp. The TPS was low because this is the same moment that the dyno tech got out of it when he saw 23 psi on my boost gauge. Just prior to this shot DC was 92.7%.
powerlogger dyno 443 hp screenshot.png

22psi on 93 no knock ????

I knew it would tolerate high boost on pump gas because I've ran 21 pounds of boost many times in overdrive with very minimal or no knock. The dyno tech was very reluctant to make the first pull @ even 20 psi (he's a good guy and didn't want me to break it) but after a complete inspection of the car and a review of a few prior PL files he agreed just to humor me. Before it was over with he recorded 23 psi on my gauge with his iPhone and the PL backed it up.

18 degrees of timing and the FMIC are contributing factors to getting away with this.

USER WARNING.....Preceeding further may results in a knock knock whos there joke

You are exactly right! But if money wasn't an object (and believe me it is) it would be interesting to see if it would take another pound or two. BTW I'm not overly impressed with the hp to boost ratio but to know that I did it on 7-11 gas puts a smile on my face.

Run 3 was through single stock type muffler and run 4 was open exhaust.
dyno baseline.png

TPS @ wot is low

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back