60ft questions

jackstands

are on the axle tubes and the front jackstands are on the control arms with all the weight of car on them...i will put the tires in the front on blocks but i don't see what the difference would be......thanks Bob

are on the axle tubes and the front jackstands are on the control arms with all the weight of car on them...i will put the tires in the front on blocks but i don't see what the difference would be......thanks Bob
The weight should be supported on the spindle centerlines to prevent any weight transfer fore or aft. It probably won't make any difference. Let us know if it does.

My understanding is you want the car to sit the way it sits on the ground...Easiest way to accoplish this is sitting on the wheels as I said before...Will it make a HUGE diff?? I don't know, but I would want to be sure.

No... stock height.... I crawled my fat @zz under there and used a magnetic angle finder... and a tape measure.... nothing super accurate... but should suffice OK I would think....
According to my information, the riding height of the rear of your car is an inch to an inch and a half lower than stock. The IC result I have for your car is:
IC length is 128.9".
IC height is 14.5".
Anti-squat is 55.2".

My understanding is you want the car to sit the way it sits on the ground...Easiest way to accoplish this is sitting on the wheels as I said before...Will it make a HUGE diff?? I don't know, but I would want to be sure.

ya'll working me too hard:D ...i will do it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.......thanks Bob

According to my information, the riding height of the rear of your car is an inch to an inch and a half lower than stock. The IC result I have for your car is:
IC length is 128.9".
IC height is 14.5".
Anti-squat is 55.2".

I had GTA wheels with 245/50/16 tires... Other than that... I think it is all stock....

I had GTA wheels with 245/50/16 tires... Other than that... I think it is all stock....
Your axle housing points are very close to my numbers, so the tire must be close to stock diameter, but the body points range 1" to 1.5" lower than the numbers I have for a stock GN. I'm going to check my stock GN in the garage.

My car sits slightly lower on the drivers side.... I also haven't changed any body bushings yet either.....

My GN in the garage has a lower front mounting point at 9 5/16". Very close to yours. Using that number with your other figures gives me:

IC length 135".
IC height 14.3".
Anti-squat 52.5%.

Pretty close to your results. When I first read your results in the other thread, I thought it said 10". I just realized it was 10'.

My reading revieled that the "no-hop" bars lakewood made for our cars moved the IC too much. I looked into lowering the rear lower mounting points...it would be a step in the right direction....

My reading revieled that the "no-hop" bars lakewood made for our cars moved the IC too much. I looked into lowering the rear lower mounting points...it would be a step in the right direction....
What and how much did the lakewood bars move?

Leaving all other points the same, you would need to drop the lower/rear mounting point over 6" to get within the suggested IC box for a 11.0ET. Not very realistic.

i would like to know how much higher the no hop bars set the bars up to?
I heard 3". That's why I used that number in the other calculation. But if anyone knows the number to be different, please post it.

What and how much did the lakewood bars move?

Leaving all other points the same, you would need to drop the lower/rear mounting point over 6" to get within the suggested IC box for a 11.0ET. Not very realistic.

I don't know how much it moves it.... Ed Brewer was running a set on his old stock motor... stock turbo'd white T years back... went 11.30's... 60' time was like 1.48.... not too bad for a stock turbo'd car....

Maybe KevinS here on the board said he thought the no hop bars moved the IC too much...

A quote off an excellent read IMHO about launching a drag car....

"For the most part, the IC is what is adjusted to get the initial hook and the shocks should be adjusted to maintain the traction throughout the 60'."

Launching_A_Drag_Car

Don on your lower bars what the angle on them if you dont car to say? thanks

On the race car with the Moser axle housing and a 29" diameter tire:
The lower/rear mounting point is 9.81". The lower/front mounting point is 11.56"
The upper/rear mounting point is 20.12". The upper/front is 19.93".
That puts the IC at 87.8" length, 17.9 height, and 97.1% anti-squat.

Lowering the car with different springs 1.3" will give me:
IC length 44.1" ahead of rear axle.
IC height 11.2".
A/S 124.2%.
This is my target for an 8.50 ET. Not sure if I'll be able to lower the car as much as I want due to tire to fender lip interference.

Lengthwise, it's about 6" behind the shifter.
Figure the height is between 22-24 inches.
Percentage of total weight on the rear wheels: 43%.

Don,

Are you saying that this is what it should be ? based on your experience.

George