You can type here any text you want

6466 / 6465 hp numbers and et's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

I'm thinking of going to one of these billet turbos. What are some of you guys results with them. Let's hear your combos.

I'm thinking of going to one of these billet turbos. What are some of you guys results with them. Let's hear your combos.
Why not go with something Alil bigger I loved my 71HPQ . I’m currently running a 7168 comp turbo and love it . It spools super fast and can support some decent HP number .

I'm actually considering the 6870 but it might be to much for my combo. I wanna have a solid 9 second ride. I want something that spools fast on the street. I was evening considering a 6766 journal bearing. Don't know if it will spool faster than my te45a. What was the combo with the 71hpq? Converter , cam , etc?

I'm actually considering the 6870 but it might be to much for my combo. I wanna have a solid 9 second ride. I want something that spools fast on the street. I was evening considering a 6766 journal bearing. Don't know if it will spool faster than my te45a. What was the combo with the 71hpq? Converter , cam , etc?

A Garrett GTW6765 or Borg Warner 300 SXE 6668 or 6468 would be perfect candidates.

All 3 can help you reach your goals and spool eons faster than your TE45A/

I had a 210/215 roller , 3200 non lock converter , and it spooled super fast and made close to 600 rwhp stock crank and rods . I think u should go for something like the 6870 it will make the 9 sec power u are looking for and prob do it with 25psi

Haywire just went 10.2 at 131 with a 6466. I've gone 11.0 with a 6465 with plenty more to go. Great street/strip turbos for 10s. No need to go massive or have to modify headers/downpipe.

Last edited:
10.3 / 129 @ 29psi with my 6465 .

Last edited:
What is so much better about BW or Garrett? How much are you guys paying to modify headers and downpipes?

the 71HPQ does not spool up fast on a stock stroke anything. comparing that to ur 7168 from comp is apples to oranges. I had a 71HPQ on a Don Cruz stock stroke built beast long block with crazy Champion heads and it just didnt spool up for shit on the street.

Bison goes 9's with a 6766mm that he specs out himself and it spools up instantly on the street! OP I wud contact Bison and have him spec out a Turbo and give him ur combo vs. spending a bunch of money on something u don't need or won't perform any better.

Why not go with something Alil bigger I loved my 71HPQ . I’m currently running a 7168 comp turbo and love it . It spools super fast and can support some decent HP number .

I have NO PROBLEM spooling my 6870DBB with .85ar 3 bolt on the street with my PTC 9.5 17 blade NLU Converter...

Upgraded from 6466DBB .63 AR and it spools just as fast with more power on less boost!...Stroker 250 CU motor with GN1 Heads, 218/224 Cam and E85! My 120's are not going to be enough with more boost-need 160's

21lbs boost and the car is a real handfull!!

Cant wait until I move it to 25LBS:) !!!

Contact Boost Crew Motorosports (502-418-3191) he will give you a screamin deal on a 6870!!

Last edited:
Im looking HARD at the 6870 for my final turbo. For my street car. I have been piecing my combo together for a turbo like this. Still collecting parts for my motor build.

the 71HPQ does not spool up fast on a stock stroke anything. comparing that to ur 7168 from comp is apples to oranges. I had a 71HPQ on a Don Cruz stock stroke built beast long block with crazy Champion heads and it just didnt spool up for shit on the street.

Bison goes 9's with a 6766mm that he specs out himself and it spools up instantly on the street! OP I wud contact Bison and have him spec out a Turbo and give him ur combo vs. spending a bunch of money on something u don't need or won't perform any better.
Plus . . . Besides proven and repeatable performance, Bison is a vendor.

Bison has gone 9s on a 6265.. lots of turbo options for a 9 sec build.

Instead of asking about other people et's etc let's look at your combo.

List your mods and goals and let's talk about what will work best for you and what will meet your goals.

We need to know everything about your setup.

Heads
Cam
Rockers
Compression
Fuel
Intake
Injectors
Alky?
Converter
Trans

Etc....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bison has gone 9s on a 6265.. lots of turbo options for a 9 sec build.

Instead of asking about other people et's etc let's look at your combo.

List your mods and goals and let's talk about what will work best for you and what will meet your goals.

We need to know everything about your setup.

Heads
Cam
Rockers
Compression
Fuel
Intake
Injectors
Alky?
Converter
Trans

Etc....

Has anyone else gone 9s with a 62mm turbo?
He seems to be the only one i could find. There are a few doing it with a 64mm. It seems most would need a 67mm to run in the 9s. I wonder if its cause most arent running there turbo to its potential.

Has anyone else gone 9s with a 62mm turbo?
He seems to be the only one i could find. There are a few doing it with a 64mm. It seems most would need a 67mm to run in the 9s. I wonder if its cause most arent running there turbo to its potential.

I would say they're more who can but they don't run their cars at the track.

I agree people aren't running their turbo to its potential as well as alot run miss matched combos.

i second that 6870 .85 housing 17 blade PTC comment.. i have that turbo/converter combo on my car and it spools stupid fast on the street. the rest of my combo is a little different than yours though... 234" 109 8445 heads. stock intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i second that 6870 .85 housing 17 blade PTC comment.. i have that turbo/converter combo on my car and it spools stupid fast on the street. the rest of my combo is a little different than yours though... 234" 109 8445 heads. stock intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much boost do you run? Also what size is your cam. Thanks

The only reason I said something like the 71HPQ or CT43 7168 is becuse that turbo is one that he could grow into and be able to make some great power . I made 580 with a 71HPQ stock crank stock rod . It spool pretty fast imo . With my 80lb Injectors maxed out on e85 .

Back