A/C Lines 4 seasons #55064 at rock auto anyone use them?

JimP

I was wondering if anyone has any experience good or bad with the Rock Auto 4 season a/c lines. I can't seem to find much info on them. I tried searching old threads but not much came up.

I'll be changing out my leaky heater core and since I also I have a new evaporator (both are gm new old stock), I figure I may as well do the evaporator while I'm at it. Since the system will be evacuated I was also wondering about the a/c lines.

The car has been converted to 134A. Should I even bother with lines? It's worked fine till now and I don't think there is anything wrong with them but for $95.00 I could put on new lines that I believe are for 134A refrigerant. It's one of those while your at it moments.

I ordered a set from Amazon - $60.00 w/free shipping. Won't be here for a few weeks - I will report back.

From the pix, it's the hardline section that goes across the radiator support that appears to not be there....but sometimes the pix are not of the actual parts, but are of similar parts.
Definitely post back and let us know.

Rock shows it as the correct lines for the LC7 - and for $60.00, I will take a chance. I can return it if it's wrong. I had planned on taking my stockers and getting the rubber sections replaced - this is easier.

When I entered year/make/model on Amazon it says "This product (55064) does not fit your 1987 Buick Regal."

Mine broke at the hardline that ataches to the manifold that attaches to the back of the compressor....so I doubt they are repairable...

When I entered year/make/model on Amazon it says "This product (55064) does not fit your 1987 Buick Regal."

I assume you mean on Amazon. I never use that. I find it on Rock Auto/etc, then search Amazon using the PN I find on Rock..

Rock Auto does say that fits our cars.

Mine broke at the hardline that ataches to the manifold that attaches to the back of the compressor....so I doubt they are repairable...
You can repair them Tim. You need to take the lines into a shop that does hoses and replace the hoses at the same time so you don't have a leak issue.

You can repair them Tim. You need to take the lines into a shop that does hoses and replace the hoses at the same time so you don't have a leak issue.
Really? The hardline basically snapped clean off the manifold....seams like it'd be pretty hard to solder back together.
Is there a reputable shop out there that you know of? I have no problem shipping them out for repair if it can be done at a reasonable cost.
I do have a contact on a used/good set that I still plan to purchase....just trying to iron out delivery details....but repairing this set to hold as a spare is not out of the question.

Really? The hardline basically snapped clean off the manifold....seams like it'd be pretty hard to solder back together.
Is there a reputable shop out there that you know of? I have no problem shipping them out for repair if it can be done at a reasonable cost.
I do have a contact on a used/good set that I still plan to purchase....just trying to iron out delivery details....but repairing this set to hold as a spare is not out of the question.
You can just get the manifold Tim. Then just ahve the replace the lines while they're at it.:D

Looks like I'm not the only one interested in these. As luck would have it the local parts place is a four seasons dealer, They agreed to get the hoses in so I could compare them to the original hoses that are on the GN. I'm hoping to be able to do that this week. I'll advise either way. Apparently it is a Goodyear hose suited for r134a.

I thought they were discontinued. So I hunted high and low last year and finally found a new set from someone here on the board.

Its actually great news that they are available again.

Post back with what you find.

Bob