You can type here any text you want

A/F ratio running pump gas to Q16

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey guys,

just curious when you guys use pump gas & then add Q16,or only run Q16, to

your tank how much does your A/F ratio change?

I noticed a big change on my Syclone.

I was running 10.8 A/F ratio on pump gas,WOT,but then added 5 gallons of

Q16 to about 5 gallons of pump gas in the tank & saw my A/F ratio go to

13.6 @ wot.

You guys have any simular leaning issues?

Thank you.:cool:

Hey guys,

just curious when you guys use pump gas & then add Q16,or only run Q16, to

your tank how much does your A/F ratio change?

I noticed a big change on my Syclone.

I was running 10.8 A/F ratio on pump gas,WOT,but then added 5 gallons of

Q16 to about 5 gallons of pump gas in the tank & saw my A/F ratio go to

13.6 @ wot.

You guys have any simular leaning issues?

Thank you.:cool:
Q16 is oxygenated. You'll have to richen the air/fuel mixture. Hopefully you have enough injector and fuel pump.

From the www:

NEW! Q16
Q16 will work well in any drag racing or circle track application -- naturally aspirated, nitrous or blowers. Q16 is highly oxygenated, requiring a 4-6% increase in fuel flow, which will make 3-5% more power than competitive 116 octane fuels. Q16's oxygenation will significantly expand the range of air/fuel ratio acceptability, so performance will be more consistent and won't vary as dramatically with altitude or density changes. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. This added fuel flow also effectively increases its octane by 6-8 numbers above its standard ASTM octane rating.
• Color: Yellow
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 116
• Research Octane: 120+
• Specific Gravity: .716 at 60° F

Wonder if they just like spiked C16 with methanol, or what?

TurboTR

Without alky id target 10.9-11.0 up to about 800hp. With alky i target 10.6:1. If you went to 13.6 either your getting more air int the cylinder or you have a fuel delivery issue unless it was lean before. I see about a 6% more DC vs. non oxy like c16 or c12. Ive got xfi data logs for both. It owuld be less with pump gas because its oxygenated with ethanol in the northeast. I dont rec tuning with a mix of oxy fuel either since your a/f will be all over the place if you dont have the same mix. My logs are for 100% of the given fuels. Not mixed.

From the www:

Wonder if they just like spiked C16 with methanol, or what?

TurboTR

No. They used a high % of MTBE to oxygenate the fuel. totally different than C16.

10.6:1. If you went to 13.6 either your getting more air int the cylinder or you have a fuel delivery issue unless it was lean before. I see about a 6% more DC vs. non oxy like c16 or c12. Ive got xfi data logs for both.

I was probably running out of injector,but ,like I said earlier I was seeing 10.8 A/F ratio before w/pump gas.

My engine made 386 HP w/the stock 30 LB injectors which it should not really make w/those size injectors. That is why I had turned up the F.P. to 53 PSI. So I think it is on the verge of running out of injector.

Now I installed 36 LB injectors & the A/F is back where it was before 10.8 w/the same gas in the tank as I had @ the track.:cool:
I have a Aquamist 1S system running 100% methanol also.

I was probably running out of injector,but ,like I said earlier I was seeing 10.8 A/F ratio before w/pump gas.

My engine made 386 HP w/the stock 30 LB injectors which it should not really make w/those size injectors. That is why I had turned up the F.P. to 53 PSI. So I think it is on the verge of running out of injector.

Now I installed 36 LB injectors & the A/F is back where it was before 10.8 w/the same gas in the tank as I had @ the track.:cool:
I have a Aquamist 1S system running 100% methanol also.

There is no point in playing games with injectors. They are cheap and chips are cheap. Keep in mind when it hits 100% any more and it will go lean very easy and very fast. One or two psi boost will change it drastically and you are throwing a lot more heat in the ex with the lean condiiton potentially giving it more boost. Eyeballing the gauge is not how i compare boost. I look at what the MAP sensor is showing in the logs.

Back