You can type here any text you want

Advance auto ignition coil numbers correct?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crashedout1

Are the numbers on the coil pack correct I set my caspers cam sensor with led per instructions 0 degrees on tdc cylinder #1 rotate counterclockwise until led lights then center the screws. Cranked engine and pow! Has a bwd .coil on it I wonder if the numbers are right on the coil

the numbers should be right on the coil as long as the wires between the ignition module and the coil pack are correct. It's possible to wire it wrong and have a couple pairs swapped.

its possible to install the coil pack to the module 180 out and that puts the even numbers against the firewall which would be wrong
you need to find top dead center on the #1 compression stroke not just tdc

cci ign wire diagrams

Attachments

• module wiring pic.jpg
    module wiring pic.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 80
  • Mr-coilpak.jpg
    Mr-coilpak.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 75
OK which side of the module is the plug on I have a 84 w 87 ignition so its mounted in the front harness is on drivers side

I think the coil is flipped on the module I got it like this it ran fine on other engine too bad I didn't mark the plug wires

inside theres yellow green blue wires to the one side of the coil pack
yelow should be the furthest from the connector , blue closest to connector
if thats correct the 6-3 is the coil closest to connector , 5-2 is center coil and 4-1 is the end coil
the 6-3 , 5-2 and 4-3 towers can be swapped i.e. 3 tower can go to #6cyl and 6 tower to #3 cyl and so on for the other coils, and still run just fine.. but you need to have the yellow green and blue connected as shown in the coil pack to module diagram

OK which side of the module is the plug on I have a 84 w 87 ignition so its mounted in the front harness is on drivers side
the first diagram i posted shows the coil designation (4-2-6 on the face) which would be toward radiator and it shows the connector on driverside (clearly i might add) as well as the internal wiring to the coil contacts ..
good luck im moving on

Those wires could easily be mixed up lol.

I love the diagram pacecar :D

mr coilpak has been around many years . i think i saved it from 2002 ..i didnt make but it makes it easy to understand

The whole coil was turned 180 degrees and wired backwards lol how and why that was done and how they figured out where to put the ignition wires is beyond me. Thanks for the help.

Back