Anybody in the 9's yet with E85??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Just curious to see if anybody with a TR has run the number yet on E85. I am kinda surprised nobody has done it yet as there are plenty of other turbo cars that are deep in the 9's and some even in the 8's using E85. I know of a few 109 cars down here that are playing with E85 so we will see.:cool:

Just curious to see if anybody with a TR has run the number yet on E85. I am kinda surprised nobody has done it yet as there are plenty of other turbo cars that are deep in the 9's and some even in the 8's using E85. I know of a few 109 cars down here that are playing with E85 so we will see.:cool:

I would have also thought many would have been on the 9's allready using E85.
Anybody in the 9's or quicker using E98?

I went 10.23 with the old GN

Hey Tom, your old motor went 10.009 @130mph on 110 race gas shifting at 48-4900 rpm. I think there is a spark issue. We will get her into the 9's soon once we get her to spin about 5800 rpm with out breaking up!:eek:

Prasad

I think Jeremy's stage car should go, he is on E85. He just has to get the fuel system worked out!!!

Prasad

Hey Prasaud, the plate stickers on all the cars in you sig. expire this month. :D

The Turbo Farm is rolling out some serious power lately. :cool:

I'd like to try it but I would need to upgrade some of my fuel system. Did a 10.3 on 93, so I would imagine I could get close at least. Problem is that I'm on the edge with my current times on race fuel. I would probably have to get a -10 feed, fuel rail, bigger pump and injectors.

Hey Tom, your old motor went 10.009 @130mph on 110 race gas shifting at 48-4900 rpm. I think there is a spark issue. We will get her into the 9's soon once we get her to spin about 5800 rpm with out breaking up!:eek:

Prasad

I hope it does it!:biggrin: It has the power it just needs everything to be right for me it was the 60ft

If it was readily available in the northeast (especially CT) there would be a lot of 9 sec cars.

I don't see 85 stations up here either. BUT really not looking hard.. How is the gas mileage with 85 ?? :confused:

I'd like to try it but I would need to upgrade some of my fuel system. Did a 10.3 on 93, so I would imagine I could get close at least. Problem is that I'm on the edge with my current times on race fuel. I would probably have to get a -10 feed, fuel rail, bigger pump and injectors.

Naa,One of you Ohio boys just ran in the 8s on a double pumper

Hey Prasaud, the plate stickers on all the cars in you sig. expire this month. :D

The Turbo Farm is rolling out some serious power lately. :cool:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa, Well it goes like this; the Mustang has antique plates and it's good for 4 years for 28 bucks I think. I buy two stickers in Feb, two in April, two in September, two in December. I have not driven the Fieros in years nor the Typhoon. The TTTA is all taken a part. I have the GN, Vette, Jag and the Stang insured through Rally for $560 for the whole year valued at 30K, 25K,20K and 30K. I will bump up the value on the GN as soon as the stage motor goes in. The rest of the cars are with State Farm with either full coverage or just fire and theft. It's not as bad as you think.:D

Prasad

I hope it does it!:biggrin: It has the power it just needs everything to be right for me it was the 60ft

You hit the nail right on the head, we went consistant 1.38 60ft on MT drag radials, that helped big time!!!!!!

We had a minor well some what major set back, we will not be able to go back to the track for few weeks. The hood flew open while making a test pass on a country road it tore up the fenders, broke the windshield and dented the roof. :eek:

I am sure we will get the tat 9 sec time slip, just have to wait.

Does anyone know if there is a production non stroked 4.1 that is in the 9's?

You hit the nail right on the head, we went consistant 1.38 60ft on MT drag radials, that helped big time!!!!!!

We had a minor well some what major set back, we will not be able to go back to the track for few weeks. The hood flew open while making a test pass on a country road it tore up the fenders, broke the windshield and dented the roof. :eek:

I am sure we will get the tat 9 sec time slip, just have to wait.

Does anyone know if there is a production non stroked 4.1 that is in the 9's?

Sounds like it's making comparable power, my 60ft was 1.57 when I went 10.23 at 131.2mph

Heard a guy down here ran 6.65 @109.76mph in the 1/8 mile yesterday on E85 with a soft launch (1.76 60'). His MPH is certainly enough for 9's so it's just a matter of time.

I expect to hit 9s at Cecil in cold air this fall, but we all know how expectations and ETs go. :) Numbers in my sig were run at low boost, pre-transbrake and additional tuning.

My 16-month-old daughter has cut the track time down to almost nothing, but I'm hopeful for the usual best times in October at Cecil.