Anybody use a G Tech Performance meter?

corymc

My brother in law has a friend with one and said it was pretty sweet. has anybody used them and how acurate are they? I dont know if i will buy one but just wanna hear what anybody has to say about them

The one I have is 4-5 years old, I know they have them now with alot more functions. Mine measured o-60mph times, and 1/4mi time and speed...although its instant speed and not trap avg speed. Also measured g-forces side to side and front to back but never used it for that. For 1/4mi times, I used it at the track a few times to see how accurate it was and it was always within 0.1 of the track time and usually the mph was 2-3pmg higher because of the instant speed. I was amazed, so it is very accurate I'd say. Really all it is is a accellerometer, which is a fairly simple device that measures very accurrately...just make sure it is mounted very level or it will skew the results, I usually lodge it up at the base of the winshield so it can't move around or bounce to get the best readings.

The one I have is 4-5 years old, I know they have them now with alot more functions. Mine measured o-60mph times, and 1/4mi time and speed...although its instant speed and not trap avg speed. Also measured g-forces side to side and front to back but never used it for that. For 1/4mi times, I used it at the track a few times to see how accurate it was and it was always within 0.1 of the track time and usually the mph was 2-3pmg higher because of the instant speed. I was amazed, so it is very accurate I'd say. Really all it is is a accellerometer, which is a fairly simple device that measures very accurrately...just make sure it is mounted very level or it will skew the results, I usually lodge it up at the base of the winshield so it can't move around or bounce to get the best readings.

IT'S REALLY THAT ACCURATE? WOW, I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS A SCAM. PRETTY KOOL! DOES IT RECORD 0-60 TIMES ACCURATELY? HOWBOUT 60 FOOT?

IT'S REALLY THAT ACCURATE? WOW, I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS A SCAM. PRETTY KOOL! DOES IT RECORD 0-60 TIMES ACCURATELY? HOWBOUT 60 FOOT?
0-60mph times seemed like they were accurate, I assume so since the 1/4 distance, time, and speed was accurate. Mine did not measure 60ft times.
Like I said, if you have the accellerometer leveled correctly, they can be very accurate, accellerometers are fairly simple devices to build. Heck, my LM3 Aux Box for my Innovate LM1 Wide Band O2 unit has one built into it also and you can graph the lateral accelleration and side to side g-forces as well as your WB O2 readings and 5 other 5v reference inputs :)

I used to have one several years back, the original cheaper model, and found it pretty accurate compared to the track. From what i remember, the et's were within .1-.3 and the mph was usually slightly higher.

Yeah, I have one too. It is fairly accurate, for how cheap they have gotten its a pretty neat deal!