Anyone interested in HA Performance headers?

Hot Air performance headers / System

• What the heck is a Hot Air?

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I am interested in PS header only, SS

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I am interested in complete header set, SS

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Heck build me complete set-up! :D

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Yeah, there are quite a few threads on this subject in this section.
Not too many have materialized, so here's the deal and your options.

First off, the PS headers on the HA cars are some of the most restrictive things known to mankind. (To "Semi-quote" Dwayne ;) )
Secondly, Poston Headers are "No more" at $500 (??)

I just got off the phone with BWR and they can/are willing to make headers for the HA cars.
But we need someone with a real HA car to drop their car off for the set-up/build. (ESinger, you reading this? :D LOL!!)

Use the voting buttons if you are interested.
Not sure there will be "mass production", since there is no such thing at BWR.
But they will be done right, and work very well!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if you have a performance goal faster than low 13's, you will need a header replacement on a HA car.
You can find a turbo, fairly easy, but not a header(s).

Thanks BWR for your willingness to support the HA's!! :cool:

I have poston headers but if bwr thought there would be and inprovment I would consider buying a set.

I have a set of atr headers they could improve on to set up as a jig, that I'm going to take off my car soon.

not sure if that helps

You're letting the cat out of the bag to soon Jerryl.:mad:

Don’t know what you are talking about. :tongue:
No worries with me. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. :cool:
Besides, I know you are taming a tiger, not a cat. :eek:

Downpipe

The problem with venders that sell hot air parts is always cost. Sure vender support is crucial to the hot air community but as always just because it's for a hot air the price for a product is well above market. I honestly think if someone would make a product and sell it at a compatible price to the 86-87 cars then they would sell in greater numbers. Take the downpipe for instance there are several downpipes for the 86-87 cars anywhere between 399.00 -750.00 but when it comes to the hot air the price sunddenly jumps by 100.00 or more. I'm sure it will be more of the same for headers.

Don’t know what you are talking about. :tongue:
No worries with me. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. :cool:
Besides, I know you are taming a tiger, not a cat. :eek:

My bad Jerryl.:redface: Sorry.:biggrin: I'll keep my mouth shut for now then.:tongue:

The problem with venders that sell hot air parts is always cost. Sure vender support is crucial to the hot air community but as always just because it's for a hot air the price for a product is well above market. I honestly think if someone would make a product and sell it at a compatible price to the 86-87 cars then they would sell in greater numbers. Take the downpipe for instance there are several downpipes for the 86-87 cars anywhere between 399.00 -750.00 but when it comes to the hot air the price sunddenly jumps by 100.00 or more. I'm sure it will be more of the same for headers.

Very true Pete.
Economy of numbers is always the case.
Plus in this economy, it becomes an ever bigger issue.

In this case however, these will be hand build, one at a time, so at least they will be made correctly, and fit right, unlike the Poston POS PS header. (I guess I can say that since they were never a vendor, sc**** more than a few people and are out of business)

What better than to have a very knowledgeable TR vendor build these if you wanted a set. You can get a local shop to "maybe" do it as well, but they probably will not have the TR knowledge to pull it off, plus, it may be more $$$ because they need to "study the set-up".

I just thought to post about this option since, in my observation, some members have set some serious performance goals. This will at least be an avenue for them to get to the goal. Time to put the $$ down to get to the goal right?
In the end, it is all about “available options”.

Jay and I outsourced some headers before and they were WAY MORE than what the price we are offering is. You have Jays 20+yrs experience with these cars plus the fact that each set is CUSTOM HAND MADE, not off an assembly line, and can be tweaked for any particular thing you need a customer may have...

If you find a local to do it cheaper and as good of a job more power to you... My guess is that is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Ask me how I know. Why do you think we have BWR now:cool:

Jay and I outsourced some headers before and they were WAY MORE than what the price we are offering is. You have Jays 20+yrs experience with these cars plus the fact that each set is CUSTOM HAND MADE, not off an assembly line, and can be tweaked for any particular thing you need a customer may have...

If you find a local to do it cheaper and as good of a job more power to you... My guess is that is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Ask me how I know. Why do you think we have BWR now:cool:

Could not agree more on the knowledge part!
Not only will people purchase headers, but they get all the years of knowledge build into the headers, and THAT is hard to buy anywhere.

Oh Shane;
Welcome to the HA section of your board. ;)
You must feel like going into a room in big house that you know is there but never have a need to go into. LOL :biggrin:

Could not agree more on the knowledge part!
Not only will people purchase headers, but they get all the years of knowledge build into the headers, and THAT is hard to buy anywhere.

Oh Shane;
Welcome to the HA section of your board. ;)
You must feel like going into a room in big house that you know is there but never have a need to go into. LOL :biggrin:

I been in a few times. I got a pefectly good complete H/A motor sitting on a stand waiting for the right home:wink: I would love to have one to add to the collection...

I been in a few times. I got a pefectly good complete H/A motor sitting on a stand waiting for the right home:wink: I would love to have one to add to the collection...

I know where there is one for sale. :rolleyes: :tongue: :eek: :biggrin:
Oh HECK, put the engine at BWR. Should be able to easily build the headers off that . . . . (No??)

Headers

Maybe your missing the point....... What I am saying for the most part has nothing to do with Jays expertise and overall quality or years of experiance. But when it comes to the consumer overwhelmingly the overall concern that always comes up is "value and cost". Sure there is a very small minority of hot air owners that would probably by a fresh set of hand made headers no matter what the cost but for the vast majority cost is always the issue. After all the main reason many hot air owners ended up with an 84-85 TR anyway is because of the significant cost savings over an 86-87. Even if some of us found out later about the disadvantages of owning a Hot Air mainly the cost of everything that adds performance. In stateing this I have no doubt that you guys will sell some headers and maybe a few sets is fine for your buisness model, maybe you really don't need the buisness or head ache that comes along with producing quality headers at an affordable price for most consumers. If that is the case I'd say your leaving a lot of dough on the table; but then again who am I?

I do understand your point. However the only possible alternative would be getting them made off shore. Well you are looking at probably at least 100 sets minumin, if not more to get them done. Do you think there is 100+ H/A owners out there looking for headers?