Are the bumper shock absorbers fixable once collapsed?

Not from what I understand. They are gas filled but to slow the compression only as the gas comes out. Once the gas is squeezed out its gone. Thats what i thought??

this is correct--------they are "one use" intended and its considered a part that should be replaced after an accident-------it will fail to protect the second time but then again the alum ones offer almost no protection--------good used ones can easily be found pretty cheap

I got slighty tapped in traffic once in my GN. Pushed the bumper right up on the filler. I got home and used a small piece of 2x4 and hammered it back out.

this is correct--------they are "one use" intended and its considered a part that should be replaced after an accident-------it will fail to protect the second time but then again the alum ones offer almost no protection--------good used ones can easily be found pretty cheap

Thanks for clearing that up for me Rich. That's what I always understood but had a few "discussions" over the years so I wasn't 100% sure?
Now I am.
Cheers!

Thanks for clearing that up for me Rich. That's what I always understood but had a few "discussions" over the years so I wasn't 100% sure?
Now I am.
Cheers!

LOL!!! I won a $5 bet today about this subject!! :)
Where do I send your 50% cut for the info. ;)
Cheers!