You can type here any text you want

ATR Billet Roller Camshaft Setup Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's a Cam Card for the old ATR 214/210

001.JPG

Spooling, It looks like something is missing on the front of this setup.

You are entirely correct. The spacer for the mechanical fuel pump is not shown in the earlier pics - yet it is shown here:

Attachments

• cam_a.jpg
    cam_a.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 122
  • cam_b.jpg
    cam_b.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 139
Spooling said:
Here's a Cam Card for the old ATR 214/210

Don't follow those spring recs or you will be scratching your head

bison said:
Don't follow those spring recs or you will be scratching your head

I plan to run behive springs with like 150# on the seat. That is what the guy I bought it from was running with good results. What are your recomendations on springs?

Our Moderator is correct.

That Valve Spring Part Number defined above - is a larger OD spring.

I think mine are K-Motion 750's set at ~ 130 seat pressure.

So you have a 1979 Buick "Sport Coupe" 231 ci 4-BBL :)

lol.... no.

carb turbo system...... yes.
buick v6...................... yes, 4.1
buick car..................... no

I am a hybrider, 76 chevy luv pickup with pontiac 301 turbo on a buick 4.1.
I dont have any direct photos of the engine yet, but you can see my current progess here.......>Sponsor

mtocrs1 said:
I plan to run behive springs with like 150# on the seat. That is what the guy I bought it from was running with good results. What are your recomendations on springs?

130 on the seat would be about the minimum I'd run to be able to run 5700rpm/25psi

Should this cam be installed straight up or should it be advanced 2-4 degrees for best results?

Anyone have a cam card for my ATR 212/206 or is it safe to assume that the .050 intake at 3 degrees BTDC listed on the cam card above would be the same?

mtocrs1 said:
Anyone have a cam card for my ATR 212/206 or is it safe to assume that the .050 intake at 3 degrees BTDC listed on the cam card above would be the same?
You would degree the cam to see where it opens at .050". Then advance it to where you want it to open

bison said:
You would degree the cam to see where it opens at .050". Then advance it to where you want it to open

Right, so to install per cam card .050 should be 3 degrees BTDC. I guess I don't know what advance is desired. Would installing per cam card be considered 0 degrees advanced? Nick stated he installed these cams 4 degrees advanced. Would that be 4 degrees past the .050 at 3 BTDC? So really .050 at 7 BTDC?

I wouldn't want intake opening more than 5*btdc@.050" with that cam. Yes it would be 7* btdc if the cam card was correct and you advanced 4*. This is why you really need to know where you want the valve timing when installing.

Back