You can type here any text you want

ATR Rods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALETTOCO

I have a set of ATR rods they are NOS they are stock size and are supposedly offset but they are not
Can they be used in the 109 block
Here are some pictures, maybe someone can help me out with the right answer. Thanks

a6890aee-6286-303f.jpg

a6890aee-62ac-fb3a.jpg

I will have to do some searching, but the way the rod looks sitting on the wrist pin, it almost looks like a Stage 2 motor when the one who posted was showing the difference between on center and off center blocks/rods... Heck, I didn't even know ATR sold rods...

They do look nice, and so does that crank!

Thanks, but can I use these rods like this with 109 block and this crank

In their catalog they have one set of rods for an off center engine their part number was RP531B H beam racing rods they were $795.00
It says production replacement forged racing rods.
hope this helps

Those appear to be "on-center" rods. And if so, I wouldn't feel even a tiny bit comfortable using them in an "off-center" block

I have 2 sets of ATR rods and both are off center and stock length. I wasnt aware they made on center sets. One set has been in four different engines and still going strong.

It's really hard to tell the differences. Here's my stock setup going together now. It's obvious how the rod's beam is off set.
Not so obvious in the OP's picture, but still possible.

Attachments

• 100_0751.jpg
    100_0751.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 380
I've run them going 10.40's@134 with no issues, as long as they don;t touch the side of the piston you should be ok. What I had done was mill the side of the pin boss Down for about .060 clearance. But you should balance the pistons if you do that. As i mentioned in the other post those rods were on-center rejects in my opinion.

I have 2 sets of ATR rods and both are off center and stock length. I wasnt aware they made on center sets. One set has been in four different engines and still going strong.
are these (yours setup)for full floating pins?i have a set as well....thanks

are these (yours setup)for full floating pins?i have a set as well....thanks
They were not floated but could be. I'd prefer a .927 pin if full floating generally speaking.

They were not floated but could be. I'd prefer a .927 pin if full floating generally speaking.
?,and i hate to do it,just hopeing you will come out of retirement.i have a set of wiseco and a set of of cp pistons.they both look to have a groove cut in the end of each piston for a spiro lock.i have a set of atr h beam rods,the pin from the wisecos slides through the pin bore fairly easy,the cp pin not so easy....where do i start?

Back