Attemped to .......

Lockman

Appreciate and Admire other' s Knowledge
So.......an FYI here, just to possibly support someone else when searching here , in the future. I received a new chip for my '84 , burned by Eric. Swapped out the OEM one ( I know....LoL ) Today.
Followed instructions carefully, but nonetheless, I got a Code 51 . ........ Fried my ECM, got a defective chip , should'nt have done this, ect, ect, went thru my thick head. Walked away for a while to check here, went back out & discovered 2 pins were bent. :oops: I was very gentle with it, when I first installed it..... but that's what I had done. Anyway, I gently straighted them & reinserted & Walaa........ No SES light & she ran like the champ that she want's to be. I'll know more , when I break it in with driving tomorrow, but I'm psyched.;) I rekon what i'm getting at is...... Take it slow & don't panic if something like this happens. These chips and their cradles or holders are very delicate until installed properly. Thanks for reading.

grass doctor

might take couple good drives to learn ... those pins are very delicate I actually have a chip removal tool I use at work on chips very similar.. instead of prying it out with a small pick or screwdriver it pulls it straight out and aids in insertion too

Lockman

YesSir Doctor,
After doing my IAC & TPS reset dial in this morning , I drove her , Stop & Go , Hi-Way ( Got into it ) , & a few Stop & Parks ...... I am Very Stoked ! :LOL: All my work ( & $'s that I don't really have any more of ) , Has finally paid off. I figure after about only 50 miles of the above, I 'm Getti'n ~ 20 MPG. Not bad at all , consider'n my '84 Hot Air is in my ' 75 Jeep CJ5 :cool:
I couldn't have gotten to this point without ya'all on this forum . I have learned a 1/4 Ton here ( Pun intended) , and I will lend & ear & reply to other
" Newbies " such as myself.
LATER ON...............:whistle:

grass doctor

very nice!! happy for you ;) let me know if you ever need any used hot air parts such as TPS sensor or MAF or complete top end :p

Lockman

Well Then........Please take a gander at these attached. I think it's OEM for an '87 ? I realize that your running a LT 1 , but some A#@H%^* took this Jerk with a story on this one. :oops: Anyway, I have no use for it & I'd like to help out somebody that does. ;)

Then.... This last pic below is what came with my setup when I bought her a while back. Any Idea what these #'s & letters decode too ?
Thanks Doctor

Attachments

HotAirWH1

Well Then........Please take a gander at these attached. I think it's OEM for an '87 ? I realize that your running a LT 1 , but some A#@H%^* took this Jerk with a story on this one. :oops: Anyway, I have no use for it & I'd like to help out somebody that does. ;)

Then.... This last pic below is what came with my setup when I bought her a while back. Any Idea what these #'s & letters decode too ?
Thanks Doctor
Did that MAF off E Bay work out for you ?

grass doctor

aaaah sorry brudda that is not a OEM maf for 87. no idea what those numbers are on that chip ... OEM chips for 86/87's have CMW, ACXA or BBKJ... BBKJ is the recall one in 87 ...

Lockman

Did that MAF off E Bay work out for you ?
Well..... On your heads up , I bought it. It's supposed to be here Thursday. I've always had a hard time locating a good replacement, let alone an OEM in the Box. Thanks for that quick lead, I'll keep it for back up 'cuz the one I'm running is good.

grass doctor

10/4 it might be great who knows with those things all in the calibration... try it out and get back to us.. as for the chip dont know much about the classics :LOL:

Lockman

K.......I'm very pleased with this score ! Notice the date , in the lower left of the instructions. A 'lil bit of Turbo Buick History :cool:
New OEM in the box MAF 1-12-20 .3.jpg
New OEM in the box MAF 1-12-20 .2.jpg
New OEM in the box MAF 1-12-20.jpg

HotAirWH1

Lockman - FYI you should test it out to make sure its good and then re-box and save for later. Just a suggestion as I have gotten NOS that didn't work in the past. The last thing you want to do is find out later that it's bad... especially when you need it. :eek:

Lockman

Yeah..... That would be the smarter way to go :cool: Thanks, I'll let you know, after the cold let's up ?