Bad news upon pulling motor today

Phoneguy

Cometic HG stress tester
Here is the damage from the latest boost spike I had after returning from RC's. I am soooooooo pissed...

Attachments

• IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0433.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,520
  • IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,503
Sorry to see that:(
Was this with race gas? Did it happen at the track or dyno? Did it get the block?

This was on 93 and ALKY. Safe tune, pretty fat and SET for 22psi. XFI saw 29.4 psi when it spiked. I just can't seem to catch a break... Not sure what I am going to do now.

That f'n thing has been haunted from the word go.........:confused:

B.
I'll call ya in the AM.

I thought I had bad luck...
What do you consider a safe tune?
How much boost have you ran(tuned for)?

EDIT: 9.6:1 30psi... That is some serious pressure on the engine for pump gas and alky...
I can see why the damage was done. Sorry... I had the urge to build a higher compression engine and run pump and alky but too many more experienced guys advised me not to.

I thought I had bad luck...
What do you consider a safe tune?
How much boost have you ran(tuned for)?

EDIT: 9.6:1 30psi... That is some serious pressure on the engine for pump gas and alky...
I can see why the damage was done. Sorry... I had the urge to build a higher compression engine and run pump and alky but too many more experienced guys advised me not to.

The torched head can happen to any engine with any compression ratios. Unfortunately its the downside to cometics and aluminum heads. Once that flame finds its way through the gasket, its going to bring everything and make that little passage bigger...then you get that torched head. I run the coppers which blow like paper gaskets although I've yet to blow one but have seen others.

ALKY is going away. Will be tuned with C16. Done with the pump gas drama.

Anyone want to buy a kidney? Need money to fix this b!tch again!!

Wow sorry to see that brian that's why on my new build am going to have a lot of motor 15psi for a 10sec run and 116 for the high 9s after seeing that I have to agree with the other guys f####k alky race fuel a lot safer than alky period