You can type here any text you want

Baer or Wilwood?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok, well I was sold the Baer Iron Sports becuase supposedly the valving was supposed to be a correct match and was assured that they would fit my 15" hoops. Well the kit is nice, its a 03-04 Mustang caliper. Nothing special. Tiny pads. Nice bracketry and an internal parking brake on the caliper. I believe they are an 11.5" rotor. But it's not even close to fitting either my Intro 15" hoops or my Draglites. This kit is $595 most places and roughly $45 to ship to me. I bought these through SCandC.

So, I have used the Explorer style brake kit on another 9" and knew the caliper sits in a low profile. They have a decent pad size, better than the Iron Sports. The rotor is 11.5" in size. The one downfall is that I dont like the Ebrake set up on these. They have a internal rotor style (drum style) EBrake with bulky backing plates. BUT....I know they work! And the caliper itself seems to have similar clamping power as they Iron Sports.

I bought the first Explorer style brake kit through Quicks Performance with OE style regular rotors for roughly $500 the first time around. The second time, I went straight through Currie and upgraded to the drilled rotors. I had to also buy the axle retainers and my bill was $605 shipped. Not a bad price at all.

Most other brakes that I looked into that were supposed to fit my 15" hoops, no matter what the brand was, seemed to be more of a drag race brake that I wouldnt be comfortable runnning. Only other options were far more than I felt necessary on the rear end. And I wasnt going to spend $2k for rear brakes.

I am aiming for 17" wheels at this point so that opens the door for rotor size probably stick with 13" all around and no drag brakes with single side rotors not for my street use.
Chris

Match Big brakes definately look nice! My application wouldnt allow it so I opted for the 13" front and 11.5" rears.

I am aiming for 17" wheels at this point so that opens the door for rotor size probably stick with 13" all around and no drag brakes with single side rotors not for my street use.
Chris
If your planing on going with 17" wheels or more the BAER SS4 rear set up will work perfectly with the BAER track 4 front set up and also have matching calipers for a Much better look. The Track 4 front kit has a 13" 1" thick rotor and the SS4 rear kit has a 12" 1" thick rotor Both are 4-piston calipers! Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

If ordering any brake set through us I pay your shipping! ;)

Scot W.

you can easily get replacement parts for most Baer setups at any local parts store within a day if you know the oem application of the parts used.. good luck doing that with Wilwood or Aerospace stuff..

Yes that is a good point however this is not a daily driver and i dont wait to hear metal before checking the brakes so there is always plenty of time to order a set or two for back up's which would only take a day or two online.

sometimes things break without warning- calipers can decide to stick or pads can decide to come apart for no real reason and at the worst possible time.

Back