You can type here any text you want

Bearing shell oil holes...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've never opened the oiling holes in a Buick V6. I have also never had a problem oiling even 1000+hp engines, either. I don't like the idea making an already weak block weaker. Most of this kind of stuff is just trying to out think things. I DO radius the oil passages in the block and timing cover, but even that is probably not doing much, but at least it doesn't weaken the block.:smile:

Interesting,and do you use a high volume kit with these mods?.Good info here and I agree with the radiusing.I find it eliminates sharp edges and small casting flash more than anything.I agree with the too much thinking ,however this is a great forum for bouncing ideas around.Thanks for the input..appreciated

Kevin

StageII, external belt driven Petersen pump. Most other engines I use std. volume pumps. In some cases I use a hi-volume pump if the bearing clearences are opened a bit. In all cases I set the timing cover up with tight clearences. I shoot for .0005" pump gear to adaptor clearence. (1/2 a thou.) Raidius all passages and smooth edges. (probably not worth much, but it looks better, so it MUST be better.;))

Back