Best Front Mount?????

Vader 87

Licensed
Which FMIC do you think is the best made? Please only post personal experience and what gains you made over a stock or stretch IC.....also please list the price.

THANKS!!!!!

The people that have the PT&E front mount will tell you it's the best. The people that have the CAS front mount will tell you it's the best.

Prices are on their websites...imagine that.

Originally posted by Scott231
The people that have the PT&E front mount will tell you it's the best. The people that have the CAS front mount will tell you it's the best.

Prices are on their websites...imagine that.

LOL....Scott strikes again! :)

If I'm restricted to personal experience, I think my 1/2 a Kenworth core is the best! I'm sorry, I can't give you a price since there's no way in heck I'm doing another! :D

"Prices are on their websites...imagine that. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just what we need - a Big List smart azz over here.

Originally posted by KendallF

LOL....Scott strikes again! :)

If I'm restricted to personal experience, I think my 1/2 a Kenworth core is the best! I'm sorry, I can't give you a price since there's no way in heck I'm doing another! :D

That would mean:

Slicks .... $300

Turbo..... $700

Big ass Intercooler cut from a Kenworth.... Priceless!

Originally posted by Awesome T
"Prices are on their websites...imagine that. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just what we need - a Big List smart azz over here.

Looks like you just volunteered? :)

Hey Stevie, just trying to keep it all friendly. I defected from the List a long time ago, and haven't looked back.
BTW, I have a PTE FM, like it a lot. NO cooling problems up North, just have fan turn on at 165, should be fine. Can't say about F-L-AY.

:) There are some good things about being in a cooler area...my CAS caused a lot of problems when sitting in traffic with the AC on...but I solved it...just keep throwing money at it until it decided to behave. The front mount was the cheapest part of the deal....*g*

Jack Cotton's big mamma. Great fit, great quality, and core seems efficient enough for the fry an egg on the pavement location Steve Wood and I live in. 100 deg outside, AC on in traffic, temps are 185-195 with dual spal fans.
Mitch

The CAS is good. Good luck getting it before your car rots away and you cant use it anyway.

The PTE is good too, I have one of them.

Looks like MeanScott is in da howze..... :)

Both IC's are around $1000

Has anybody ever had an ATR Front mount IC? I've heard it's made by Cartech and has a very efficient core, but I don't see many guys on this BB using it, so I'm wondering if it's a good choice. TIA

Do not take this negatively, I am not attacking anyone on this forum, but I just thought I would add some fire wood to the question.

Here is dequicks (CAS) new supra core at 24x13x4.5, almost identical to his V2 at 24x13x4, here is what you get with his intercoolers, real numbers to go on.

I challenge anyone to get these type of numbers from any front mount vendor. I yet have seen anything real from a windtunnel out there, all front mounts should of passed through a windtunnel or I would not even bother buying it. If they do not want to spend alittle money on proving their intercoolers are this or that, than do not waste your time believing what it SHOULD DO ON YOUR CAR.

Mass Air Flow Volumetric Air Flow Pressure Drop
64.0-------------------853--------------------1.10
73.6-------------------981--------------------1.39
86.7------------------1156--------------------1.95

Air Flow (FPM) Air Flow (MPH) Efficiency (@73.4 lb/min)
200-------------------- 2.27--------------------80%
400---------------------4.55--------------------84%
600---------------------6.82--------------------87%
800---------------------9.09--------------------89%
1000-------------------11.36-------------------90%
1200-------------------13.64-------------------91%
1400-------------------15.91-------------------93%
1500-------------------17.05-------------------94%

This is only equivalent to his V2 model, the V1 is EVEN BIGGER!!

Sorry for the ranting, but these types of questions should have easy answers and just compare vendors flow numbers. But instead, most just put something out there they put some tanks on and say its the best. PROVE IT! HERES PROOF FROM CAS!!!

This intercooler is probably more effiecent at 5 psi than most others front mounts. He is the ONLY ONE with the newest in core technology, extruded tube.

There is a reason people complain about dequick taking forever, he can not keep his front mounts in stock or make the cores fast enough. That and those above flow numbers clinched me buying a V2. I feel good knowing that my hotter coolant temps are because I have the biggest and baddest front mount blocking the air to my radiator. Would have it no other way. :D

I guess your better off waiting a month for a V2. I remember somebody telling me a while back there was an intercooler test and they found the V2 to be the best, but Jack Cotton's FMIC is supposed to be the same size of the CAS V1, so who knows:confused: There was a guy down here selling an ATR FM for $700 and a brand new Spearco FM for $800, but from hearing everything I guess your better off buying a newer core design like the V2.

I think Tony is the only guy building these things for our cars that is a professional in this particular field. Most just try to buy the biggest core and copy the next guys....That may work as well as anything as long as you have someone like Tony to show you how.

It's too bad that he cannot get some help so he can answer the phone and guarantee delivery.

He is a very nice guy and a very innovative one and he supports his products.

Eastern? I had one. It is old school! You have to drill holes to mount it, two piece pipe, little and blocks the radiator! Unless they changed the design of the entire package it is way behind. I switched from it to a V2 and like the V2 much better. JMHR!

Originally posted by Intercooler
Eastern? I had one. It is old school!!

Uh Oh, another part on my car that makes me slow, I guess I can add that to the list; stock unmodded TB, Flowmasters, non l/u converter, batch DFI; maybe I should take all these parts off my car, and I should go faster. :rolleyes:

I almost forgot....I am adding ported M&A heads, are they old school too...

Originally posted by CraigT

Uh Oh, another part on my car that makes me slow, I guess I can add that to the list; stock unmodded TB, Flowmasters, non l/u converter, batch DFI; maybe I should take all these parts off my car, and I should go faster. :rolleyes:

I almost forgot....I am adding ported M&A heads, are they old school too...
No, you will be fine. Any upgraded IC over the stocker is a plus. I honestly don't think you will see more than .1/2 MPH changing from a CAS, PTE, ESP on any of them but for $1100 that an ESP unit costs I will take a $899 CAS V2 any day of the week! Tony has changed his design and package for the better. The ESP unit still has mounting issues, still blocks the radiator with the close tank design, still employs at least a two piece pipe on the IC to TB side and now they paint ESP across them so it shines through the front of the car like a sore thumb. No thanks! BTW-I have Flowmasters, NL and I think he asked about quality also, not just speed:rolleyes: