Big Block turbo headers

Dusty Bradford

Finally got to work on the car for a while. The headers are almost complete, just have to weld the tubes to the flanges and button up the collectors.

The 2 1/8 tubing is much harder to work with than the smaller tubing I used with the small block. The larger bend radius threw a curve at me in some places.

Attachments

• bbheaders1.jpg
    bbheaders1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,487
  • bbheaders2.jpg
    bbheaders2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,432
  • bbheaders3.jpg
    bbheaders3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,449
  • bbheaders4.jpg
    bbheaders4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,455
Nice. I just finished a set too! How big were the primaries on the SBC and how much more power to you think you'll make with the BBC?

scott wile

Nice. I just finished a set too! How big were the primaries on the SBC and how much more power to you think you'll make with the BBC?

scott wile

The Track 1 head motor ran 1 5/8". The Sb2.2 head motor ran 1 7/8". These are 2 1/8". I'm hoping to pick up 500hp. Whatever it takes to max out the 114mm. Something in the 2200-2300 range.

Wow. Is that a alum block with conventional heads? It'll probably live forever compared to the SBC at that hp level.

scott wile

Yes. Aluminum DART block with conventional heads. Too many people making big power on conventionals for me to jump into the Big Cheif world.

How 'bout one of these ? :D

A Turbonetics TNX-115 Billet Ceramic Ball Bearing... (I think they make a 122mm version too)

Andy Jensen has his chit figured out. ;)
camaro_6.jpg

Holy mother of god. What kind of instake temps do you see with a turbo like that without an intercooler

Andy Jensen has his chit figured out. ;)
camaro_6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Jensens car is extremely neat and I have no doubt that it is one bad machine,however I would argue that he has it figured out!!! He came to my lacal track Kilkare and did not qualify for the quick 16 field and the next week was at the ADRL race in Colunbus and did not qualify for that either!! He is making plenty of power but couldnt get it to go down the track. Mike:cool:

Jensens car is extremely neat and I have no doubt that it is one bad machine,however I would argue that he has it figured out!!! He came to my lacal track Kilkare and did not qualify for the quick 16 field and the next week was at the ADRL race in Colunbus and did not qualify for that either!! He is making plenty of power but couldnt get it to go down the track. Mike:cool:

I think track prep has alot to do with it... He's been setting records at other tracks. 5.95 @ 243 ain't nuthun to sneeze at. :cool:
9/27/09 MIR 5 Second Pass Video by Andy - MySpace Video

YouTube - Fastest Small Block

Didn't mean to hijack Dusty... sorry. :D

Dusty, did I see that you're using Edelbrock heads? I'm not versed in BBC chevy stuff. obviuosly they'll be heavily massaged, but are there advantages vs brodix, dart, etc?

the headers look sweet.. and ps.. I just got off the phone with Frank G.

Dusty,

That looks great man.
I bet you could do a twin set up too if you really wanted to.
What is the flavor of the day, twin ProMod 91s or 94s?

Dusty, did I see that you're using Edelbrock heads? I'm not versed in BBC chevy stuff. obviuosly they'll be heavily massaged, but are there advantages vs brodix, dart, etc?

the headers look sweet.. and ps.. I just got off the phone with Frank G.

They're just your average Edelbrock's from Jeg's;)

Frank's 4l80 is what I e-mailed you about a while back. I had someone interested in it but they backed out so I didn't get back with you. Frank was loving the car all over again. I spent about 2hrs tuning the driveability of the 160's. On 16#, the car is a totally different monster with the 400 and converter. No doubt it's a 9 second pump gas car.