Bought a '85 T-type, help me spend my money!

where do you guys come up with this shit ???:rolleyes:
Simple MADE IN CHINA by Wo Flung Do. I have the same style sensor on my truck and it been replaced 3 times in 10 years. My friends Impala SS same thing. Sometimes cleaning it fixes the problem sometimes it won't.

$125 for a rebuilt 86/87 MAF or $375 rebuilt LT-1 MAF and translator with shipping. Either way you decide make sure the rebuilt sensor has at least a 3 year warranty!

$125 for a rebuilt 86/87 MAF or $375 rebuilt LT-1 MAF and translator with shipping. Either way you decide make sure the rebuilt sensor has at least a 3 year warranty!
LT1 (3") MAF sensors are a dime a dozen at your local junkyard. Been running jy MAF for years...no problems.

Not true. Eric (turbo tweak) can write the MAT out of the chip if you so desire. Won't effect the performance.
Wish he was around 15 years ago when I did the conversion on my 84 GN. Did not know that could be done nowdays.

Not true. Eric (turbo tweak) can write the MAT out of the chip if you so desire. Won't effect the performance.
What will it effect, anything at all? What about when at higher power levels?

I'm thinking in the future using e85.

hahahahaha... $125 for a reman MAF for the 86/87s... JUNK JUNK... My Buick powered stuff all have the new MAFs. Never had a problem. Guess I am just lucky .. Or maybe they just don't like hot air cars !!! ya ya thats it :p Oh mine were not reman shitters. Pay peanuts ya get monkeys. Junk in JUNK out.

hahahahaha... $125 for a reman MAF for the 86/87s... JUNK JUNK... My Buick powered stuff all have the new MAFs. Never had a problem. Guess I am just lucky .. Or maybe they just don't like hot air cars !!! ya ya thats it :p Oh mine were not reman shitters. Pay peanuts ya get monkeys. Junk in JUNK out.
What new mafs? You have to get an adapter still though?

What new mafs? You have to get an adapter still though?

The only 86/87 mafs for the Buick are rebuilts. They don't work for crap. We always convert to the new GM ones. A screwed up MAF will drive ya nuts !!!

The only 86/87 mafs for the Buick are rebuilts. They don't work for crap. We always convert to the new GM ones. A screwed up MAF will drive ya nuts !!!
By convert do you mean using a translator?

I'll try to clarify...without the needless "hot airs are junk" comments...

Your choices are as follows:
1. Buy a new GM LT1 or LS1 MAF (recommended)
2. Buy a used GM LT1 or LS1 MAF from a junkyard (2nd choice)
3. Buy a used GM original 86-87 stock MAF (50/50 chance it works, and it WILL fail eventually)
4. Buy a reman LT1 or LS1 MAF (not recommended...but better than a stock reman)
5. Buy a reman stock MAF (95% of them aren't calibrated correctly and are junk)

Obviously, you would need a translator for any of the LT1 or LS1 MAFs
The stock ones (reman or used) will plug into your existing harness.

My NEW GM LS1 maf has been on since 07 and when I turn the key on my junk, it's almost certain to be going several hours from home...

Oh and I won't buy anything reman for my car, I find better luck with used OEM parts than chinese crap...

Does it do anything that would make me want keep it rather then have it deleted?
Not really. All it does is display the air temp before it goes into the throttle body...that's it...I never even look at mine. (Waste of $$$ on the sensor and the harness to make it work.)

Ok thanks for the response, so I can save money and skip that.

Any thoughts of getting the translator gen 2 for tuning the car? Do you even need a scan master to view all the parameters or does the gen 2 take its place?

Congrats on your new ride.......

Take it slow and do it right the first time. There is good info on here so read as much as you can. Find someone on here that knows these cars inside-out and trust them. If you ask 100 people a question you will probably get 52 1/2 different answers.

Get her running and driving in tip top shape before mods. Mods on a car that has problems will amplify the problems.

Do one mod at a time and learn how to tune for each mod before doing the next.

It's a slow process but I think everyone will agree that the end result is worth the time.

Have fun....spend lots.:D

Ok thanks for the response, so I can save money and skip that.

Any thoughts of getting the translator gen 2 for tuning the car? Do you even need a scan master to view all the parameters or does the gen 2 take its place?
The gen 2 will help you with fuel and spark adjustments...but you need the scanmaster to monitor and set baseline settings for the rest of the car. Scanmaster should be the first purchase you make...period.
Congrats on your new ride.......

Take it slow and do it right the first time. There is good info on here so read as much as you can. Find someone on here that knows these cars inside-out and trust them. If you ask 100 people a question you will probably get 52 1/2 different answers.

Get her running and driving in tip top shape before mods. Mods on a car that has problems will amplify the problems.

Do one mod at a time and learn how to tune for each mod before doing the next.

It's a slow process but I think everyone will agree that the end result is worth the time.

Have fun....spend lots.:D
Well said.

Call spoolfool and get a bumper filler........if you do nothing else looks wise at least do that so you will be taken seriously and people wont think you dont care and are just running it into the ground..... Welcome to the darkside btw....