Bowling Green GSCA National's TAI roll call!!!!

I'm bringing 2 gallons of alky as my 5 gallon jug is cumbersome and I'm driving so space is a premium. Question is, if I use my two gallons, do they sell no-lube meth at the track or should I just bring the 5 gallon jug? I'm on a single M15, so I get quite a lot of runs out of two gallons. But what if I'm hammering on the highway, etc and I need more. Please advise.

TIA

I'm bringing 2 gallons of alky as my 5 gallon jug is cumbersome and I'm driving so space is a premium. Question is, if I use my two gallons, do they sell no-lube meth at the track or should I just bring the 5 gallon jug? I'm on a single M15, so I get quite a lot of runs out of two gallons. But what if I'm hammering on the highway, etc and I need more. Please advise.

TIA

No meth available there at the track. Don't know about the local speed shops though.

ichanged my oil and found a bunch of metal looks like im out unless i can gt it fixed by wed. im dropping the pan tonight to see whats goin on and maybe i can get away with changing the mains and run it and fix it right later. i just got this motor back in from eating the main bearing before and cant figure out why. the crank bore is good clearances were good the oil pressure was at 20psi hot idle and went up past 60 psi around 2500 rpm

ichanged my oil and found a bunch of metal looks like im out unless i can gt it fixed by wed. im dropping the pan tonight to see whats goin on and maybe i can get away with changing the mains and run it and fix it right later. i just got this motor back in from eating the main bearing before and cant figure out why. the crank bore is good clearances were good the oil pressure was at 20psi hot idle and went up past 60 psi around 2500 rpm

if your still running the oil cooler in tha tadiator from the last engine failure that where the metal is coming from. do your self a favor and remove the oil cooler. it will run just fine without one.

There is methanol available in town at an oil distributor. I'll look and see what their name is today.

There is methanol available in town at an oil distributor. I'll look and see what their name is today.

Thank you! I think I'll just bring my 5 gallon jug, it's full. My buddy can carry it on his lap on the way down if needed and I'll keep it in my hotel.

Big shout out to Julio and JD for making TAI great this year. I look forward to seeing this class progress. Who will be the first in the 9's with pump gas and alky in the class?

It was great to meet many people and what a great group of racers. Tons of fun.

Big shout out to Julio and JD for making TAI great this year. I look forward to seeing this class progress. Who will be the first in the 9's with pump gas and alky in the class?

It was great to meet many people and what a great group of racers. Tons of fun.

JD ran 9.97 at BG.

This the most fun you could have with your clothes ON!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, but like I have always said the fastest doesn't always WIN!!!!

The field was 9.99/11.5, and the car that won as Tim from Texas with a wry consistent 10.70 car!

JD

Here is a vid from behind the burnout box of the 3rd round qualifying on Saturday for TAI including JD's 9sec pass. You can't see the timing towers that well in the vid but it's a good perspective. The 9sec run is well documented already!

That was awesome video!!!!

Would once again like to thank everyone that participated in this fast growing Class!!!!!

Hope to see more of all you alky racers join in on all the FUN!!!!

JD

Hey I had fun just watching you guys race...Did you get that grin off of your face yet JD?
Great to see everyone again.

Bryan

Hey I had fun just watching you guys race...Did you get that grin off of your face yet JD?
Great to see everyone again.

Bryan

Yeah after the tears of JOY!!!!

Great to see you again Brian, that was a great steak THANKS!!!!!

JD

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this together. First time to race and had a great time. Congratulations to Tim for his win.

Congrats Tim on your win (and the raffle poster win too). It was nice meeting you guys and getting some nice races in. Any of these cars have the chance to win in heads up racing which makes it fun! Thanks to JD and Julio!

It was an exciting close race for me in the first round of eliminations. I knew I wasn't going to leave hard with blown header gaskets and leaking crossover (1.925 60 ft, one crossover bolt was buggered up so I couldn't loosen or tighten it in fear of breaking it off and making it worse). I cut a better light (.276 vs .762) but I had a slower ET (11.17 vs 10.91). All the way down the track I could see a hard running 10 sec Buick right there in my panoramic rear view mirror. That was close! Not very often I get to get into a close race. In the second round I knew I was only running 11's so I tried to cut a light and ended up red lighting by .3 but ran it out anyways just because - and I had just as much fun! I was within 1.5 -2 mph of both the TAI and THS cars I ran against last which was fun for me on the top end.

I had my personal best 60 ft earlier in the week of 1.51 off the foot brake, and for 3 days straight of tuning and getting as many runs in as I wanted. I was able to go 10.7-10.9 a few times over 125 without a locking converter at only 20-22lbs of boost. That was well worth the cost of attending this event to be able to shakedown the new trans and have time to play around with the tune and have fellow Buick brothers to ask advice and lend a hand!

Thanks to Julio, JD, Don, Justin, Sean, Steve, Jason and Josh and everyone there for everything from helping me tune, lift my toolbox, borrow power, a great parking spot, running me back to the campsite, borrowing JD's truck to get trailer tires etc etc Thanks!