Buick Sportsman XFI install help

I just wanted to remind everyone. Tonight at 8pm is the Zoom meeting/tech session. Information can be found in the Buick FAST XFI Sportsman group on FB

I don’t want to sound like a stupid noob, but, can anyone take a pic of how you put the adapter harness in the stock computer location? I just can’t get it to sit there comfortably with the factory harness laying like has for 30 years and the map and O2 plug easily accessible.

I got everything installed tonight. It just took some finagling to get everything settled in. Now to make an appointment with cal to do the first fire up.

I got everything installed tonight. It just took some finagling to get everything settled in. Now to make an appointment with cal to do the first fire up.
I'm busy tomorrow until around 3pm. Free all day Monday

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ive read that i should not rely on af ratio alone when tunning a chip. Obviously each engine has its own needs. here it seems like targeted af is what your concentrating on. Is this correct? Where do you get your targets from... seat of the pants? Dyno tuning is different, so do that after street tuning?

Ive read that i should not rely on af ratio alone when tunning a chip. Obviously each engine has its own needs. here it seems like targeted af is what your concentrating on. Is this correct? Where do you get your targets from... seat of the pants? Dyno tuning is different, so do that after street tuning?
I give a safe but very accurate target A/F in the startup tune. The customer can modify it to what they're car likes

Cal, very complete kit thank you.

My current 02 bung is longer than the one provided, placing the tip further out of the exhaust stream. Plus it is 24" away from turbo flange.

Any issue with either?

Cal, very complete kit thank you.

My current 02 bung is longer than the one provided, placing the tip further out of the exhaust stream. Plus it is 24" away from turbo flange.

Any issue with either?
Thank you. I doubt it will be an issue. We'll know on start up.

My Flex fuel sensor plugs into the Mass Airflow Sensor factory harness. Will it still read Ethanol Wired this way?.
I am converting from SD2 to Sportsman.
Thanks

My Flex fuel sensor plugs into the Mass Airflow Sensor factory harness. Will it still read Ethanol Wired this way?.
I am converting from SD2 to Sportsman.
Thanks
The Sportsman doesn't do flex fuel

A46C86B4-82DC-48DF-A3E1-CF47FB83CC5C.png This is the pressure transducer I have, from Casper’s. The Output goes to pin 28 on the Sportsman Box?.

installing the xdi software, I'm getting a system error the reds

the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-11-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I reinstalled the software and still no file. Is this an update file? I can't find it on the FAST site

Is this an old laptop? I believe there is a file in the help section to fix this

I had the same problem. There is a file on the flash drive that you need to download 1st that will fix it. I made it way harder than it should have been!

I had the same problem. There is a file on the flash drive that you need to download 1st that will fix it. I made it way harder than it should have been!
Thanks ill look for it now, I'm guessing just drop it in the main file folder for the software?

edit: i looked on the flash drive there isn't any extra files there. ill look on the web

Last edited:
I think it was on the flash drive. If I remember right, I had to uninstall, then run that file, and then install the software.