Buick XFI Sportsman

This question is for Cal, if you had the e-dash, wouldn't that make the scan master G (even XFI version) obsolete?
And for Fast XFI dummies like me, what else becomes obsolete? Gauge wise, I think the scan master, wb02, temperature? What else?
As far as components on the car, you would lose the maf? What else am I missing?
Please let me know if this needs to be a separate thread. Thanks!!
Troy
This would eliminate the stock computer and chip(s), MAF, and all products that enhance the stock ECU (i.e. translator, power logger, etc...). The eDash will display coolant temp, air fuel ratio, fuel pressure, boost. Etc...

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

This would eliminate the stock computer and chip(s), MAF, and all products that enhance the stock ECU (i.e. translator, power logger, etc...). The eDash will display coolant temp, air fuel ratio, fuel pressure, boost. Etc...

So the MAF is gone too? What replaces its function in the new "system"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's a speed density system, no MAF.

Will this support low impedance injectors ? If so I'm very interested .

no ..high Z injectors only on the sportsman
That's to bad , I really like this and was going to order it but can't with 120's @ 82% duty cycle on E85 .
Kind of important info for E85 guys .

Last edited:
That's to bad , I really like this and was going to order it but can't with 120's @ 82% duty cycle on E85 .
Kind of important info for E85 guys .
I don't think it has any kinda flex ⛽️ at the moment . And yes I was in the same boat with my 120 and had to step up to the 160s

When I filled out the spec sheet with my Sportsman order, one item listed was injector size?

If we cannot select the injector size, and either low or high impedance which does not matter in the XFI, this will very much limit our use of the Sportsman system in many applications. :(

The major engine electronic item we need to eliminate is using a 30+ year old stock ECM's, or the so-called reman ones as well.

Hopefully Cal will address this factor here.

I assume that you need a laptop to data log, looking forward to getting rid of a lot of the gauges in the car except oil pressure. I'm not able to purchase E-85 around my area so I'm ok with 93 and alky.

Chuck

When I filled out the spec sheet with my Sportsman order, one item listed was injector size?

If we cannot select the injector size, and either low or high impedance which does not matter in the XFI, this will very much limit our use of the Sportsman system in many applications. :(

The major engine electronic item we need to eliminate is using a 30+ year old stock ECM's, or the so-called reman ones as well.

Hopefully Cal will address this factor here.
The system can run alternate fuels and even has an E85 mode. It currently does not have an input for a flex fuel sensor.
It is high impedance only, so keep that in mind when selecting injectors. We sell up to 200# in highZ. There are external boxes to allow low impedance injectors which I'm looking into, but they're around $200
Three injector size is inputted by the user

Last edited:
Do you expect an update eventually that will accommodate flex fuel? If so, would it be a software update we could do on the same box?

It's to early to commit to that. If it does happen, it will be just an update. You should never have to send an XFI in for any update

Cal , is it possible for Caspers to make a plug & play box to run low Z injectors . I would be all over the Sportsman if it was made to support low Z injectors and I'm sure other E85 guys would too.

Last edited:
Cal , is it possible for Caspers to make a plug & play box to run low Z injectors . I would be all over the Sportsman if it was made to support low Z injectors and I'm sure other E85 guys would too.
There are already boxes out there for this. Fueltech makes them. Would cost $209

Perfect timing - starting to collect for a new build.

I do have a few questions though - does the Dash has a Knock Retard display option?
I used this on the Scanmaster frequently for chasing down false knock. I'm guessing if not the software will record knock events?
Will the XFI Scanmaster work with the Sportsman XFI?

XFI Sportsman.jpg

Those of you wanted to know what the XFI Sportsman box looks like....here it is!
We are working on getting the Intercooled "6" etched on it