You can type here any text you want

Cars for sale -- Negative Comments

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Gentlemen-

We had a run of negative comments towards cars for sale last year, and all it does is hurt the value of the cars and make a lot of people angry.

This year I am going to do my best to monitor any negative comments and deal with them accordingly.

You can post away and discuss cars for sale, wish them luck, tell them that it's a beauty or whatever. But rather than tell someone he is nuts or crazy and this and that please just don't reply if all you can do is say something negative.

A guy had a CHERRY car for sale on here for over a month, a few people told him it was way to high blah blah blah and I saw it in Hemmings last month and it sold rather quickly for more than he was asking here.

So as momma always said, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say it at all.

Ty

????? Does this apply to the Fast and the Futile car adds..........:biggrin:

Long overdue Ty. I hate to see know-it-alls ruin a FS add that may have been poorly executed or off the mark on price.

Gentlemen-

We had a run of negative comments towards cars for sale last year, and all it does is hurt the value of the cars and make a lot of people angry.

This year I am going to do my best to monitor any negative comments and deal with them accordingly.

You can post away and discuss cars for sale, wish them luck, tell them that it's a beauty or whatever. But rather than tell someone he is nuts or crazy and this and that please just don't reply if all you can do is say something negative.

A guy had a CHERRY car for sale on here for over a month, a few people told him it was way to high blah blah blah and I saw it in Hemmings last month and it sold rather quickly for more than he was asking here.

So as momma alwasy said, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say it at all.

Ty

Amen. I would never put my car for sale here too many nitpickers/experts

its usually guys that dont know crap and have no intention to buy anything

Agreed. Thanks for posting this. It seems like you can't post anything in the FS section with out someone bashing. Like the seller is going to sell it to you just because you make rude remarks or low ball offers. Or how about those good old "experts"

Agreed. Thanks for posting this. It seems like you can't post anything in the FS section with out someone bashing. Like the seller is going to sell it to you just because you make rude remarks or low ball offers. Or how about those good old "experts"

I call them, MR KNOW IT ALL!!!:eek::biggrin:

Gentlemen-

So as momma always said, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say it at all.

Ty

I was talking with a friend of mine who was wanting to sell his very nice GN in NW Florida. He said he's thought twice about posting here because it'll be "picked apart" as he put it. I'm glad you brought this up cause it's kind of discouraging to post a car for sale just to have it bashed. I mean hell, these cars are over 20 years old and just about all of them will have flaws. Thanks and well put :D

FINALLY! I know a lot of people that dont post here because of the BS drama.:o

I think this is great! In the past any time a car was listed for sale here there were a few people that you count on to make a negative comment about the car and give thier own unsolicited appraisal(usually at 50% of the owners asking price!:rolleyes:) and I think its uncalled for. I think enforcing this rule will make this a much better, more useful section of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back