Coil on plug

Thank you Chris, great information.

You are correct, I am using this with the factory crank sensor and cam sensor. I am hoping the final product will just plug into your module plug and use all your factory wiring and sensors.

Chris,
there is no downside in power or anything to wastespark. It has been proven many times and Buick even chose it for the indy program. Your findings are correct.
ML

This setup just went 8.17@173.47 in the Cruz missle last weekend, so I would say it's been tested :D I am going to put together a complete package price. It will include everything but the coil brackets. I may add the brackets at a later date, depending on interest.

I'm interested in a set up for translator pro, what ever happened to the mega coil idea?

I think the MEGA COIL SETUP misfired and never got off the ground. Big props to Cal for being smart enough to figure out how to make this work so well with the XIM, where others failed.

Awsome Cal! If you ever need someone to beta test a Classic FAST let me know.

I will be switching to XFI this winter. :)

Great work!!!!
Scott

I think the MEGA COIL SETUP misfired and never got off the ground.

This statement is totally untrue. The reason the mega coil pack never got off the ground is in order to run it you have to amplify the ignition signal coming out of the electronic distributor before it goes into the stock coils With the electronic distributor we were using. In order to do this you have to run two dis4 boxes. These are expensive and unreliable. This was the holdup. We have never had a misfire with this setup and has been running on 3 cars one with an XFI one with a classic fast and one with a stock ECU for over 5 years now.

We were waiting for fast to come up with a stand alone electronic distributor that would amplify the ignition signal. the XIM was promising but did not even have an option to run a 6 cylinder until very recently when fast discovered a market for BMW 6 cylinders. They have a plug for a points input and it is in the works but as for now the plug is not hooked up to anything on the inside. We discovered this after them telling us it would work stand alone and then reviewing the current schematic and finding out it would not.

And we have documented HP gains eliminating the waste spark

Enough about that clarification, This system looks great.

Wow, it is funny how many ways this can be done... There is another COP product floating around out there. Alot of good innovation going on:biggrin:

Wow, it is funny how many ways this can be done... There is another COP product floating around out there. Alot of good innovation going on:biggrin:

I haven't seen the other COP setup, unless you are talking about RJC's. Based on the interest we have gotten this week, I suspect Don won't be the only Buick running COP.

i heard it through the grapevine Matt at ProFab had a big part to do with this when others said it would'nt work

i didn't say Cal invented it .nor do imean ill will towards him just have heard a lot of pepole say this set up was not possible:rolleyes:

I haven't seen the other COP setup, unless you are talking about RJC's. Based on the interest we have gotten this week, I suspect Don won't be the only Buick running COP.

I think Scott was responding to Cal's comment.

At any rate, there have been several CNP setups for the Buicks built. I think Bruce Plecan was the first, and a couple more after that, including mine.

Bob