You can type here any text you want

Cold side v-bands??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Just curious if anybody has been using vbands on the cold side (intercooler, TB etc) instead of hoses?

I know awhile back DW posted some wiggens clamp pics, but I have seen some new v-bands from Wolfe racecraft that look interesting (and cheaper :) )

Thought these might be easier to use and better than hoses...

any thoughts?

Thx

The problem with v bands (marman clamps) is they are not flexible. Hoses and t-bolt clamps allow for slight misalignment and engine movement. Wiggins clamps also float in and out and allow 5 degrees of misalignment.

V-bands will work if everything is perfectly aligned and the intercooler moves with the engine (like the stock intercooler) or the engine is mounted solid to the frame (motor plates).

I had a major problem keeping the up-pipe/TB hose from blowing off. The darn Accutrash TB didn't have enough bead to keep the hose from slipping off. I ended up with a Wiggins. Works good/Looks good, but expensive!

Thanks for the reply!

That is exactly what I thought.. except the v-band style clamps I have been seeing for this has rubber o-rings. Thought maybe this would allow some movement??

I dont want to be the first to experiment. :) I have seen some mustang guy with this.. but no too much info or feedback..

Back