Cometic head gaskets cheap

Ordered 20. Thanks for the heads up. dank GN pm me for a good price on a new turbo or cam when you're ready. Remind me of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have adjustable rockers. Would the resulting compression ratio be too much? I think it would put me at 9.6
a .020 drop preload would not be greatly affected and to say it could screw up preload going from .060 to 040 is rediculous , a valvetrain that cant handle the additional preload like with solids or limited travels hydraulics should already be on adjustables and the difference amounts to basically one 1/4 turn looser on the adjuster screw of a T+D rocker , if you dont have adjustable rockers than odds are very high you are not on limited travel or solids and the added preload should not have any effect unless you already screwwed up the preload somehow and are already near bottoming out a hydraulic which would be over .120" of existing preload which would only occur with poorly chosen pushrods

as for CR rise , the stroked 3.8 would see about .4 rise in static CR using a .040 over a .060 gasket

Last edited:
Thanks. I ordered a set. Calculated out to 9.5:1. I always run E85 so we will see how it goes. Price is too good to pass up.

a .020 drop preload would not be greatly affected and to say it could screw up preload going from .060 to 040 is rediculous , a valvetrain that cant handle the additional preload like with solids or limited travels hydraulics should already be on adjustables and the difference amounts to basically one 1/4 turn looser on the adjuster screw of a T+D rocker , if you dont have adjustable rockers than odds are very high you are not on limited travel or solids and the added preload should not have any effect unless you already screwwed up the preload somehow and are already near bottoming out a hydraulic which would be over .120" of existing preload which would only occur with poorly chosen pushrods

as for CR rise , the stroked 3.8 would see about .4 rise in static CR using a .040 over a .060 gasket
Plenty of screwed up valvetrains out there as we observe on what seems a weekly basis. Just goes with the normal thing. If you can't set up/check a valvetrain then bring it to someone that can.

Ordered 20. Thanks for the heads up. dank GN pm me for a good price on a new turbo or cam when you're ready. Remind me of this

Thanks bison I will defiantly contact you for my next upgrade :)

It's over but I see that Summit has lowered the price by about $20 on most of the Cometics.

nope, said backorder jan 4 estimated shipping from supplier but what was weird is they said there were 2 in stock when i placed my order and that the remaining part of my order would ship at a later date .. those 2 should have been on their way to me the day i ordered them but sofar nothing..i should have ordered through Summit pricematch