Complete DSE Suspension Build

Scott i have a couple questions how did torque down your front sway bar with load or in the air? also i notice in one of your pic you had a isolator pad at the bottom of your rear spring, mine dont have that at the bottom but have one at the top.....do i need that one at the bottom also with DSE springs i`ve got? thanks Mike

Scott i have a couple questions how did torque down your front sway bar with load or in the air? also i notice in one of your pic you had a isolator pad at the bottom of your rear spring, mine dont have that at the bottom but have one at the top.....do i need that one at the bottom also with DSE springs i`ve got? thanks Mike
Mike,

We torqued the front sway bar while in the air....

And you do not Need that isolator bushing at the bottom....We were doing some testing with Buick vs Monte SS isolators...

Scot W.

Rear DSE Anti-Roll Bar Rates

Here is some info I thought people might be interested in concerning the anti-roll bar rates and there settings.

The 1" dia Bar Rates:

Front Hole = 722 lb/in
Rear Hole = 947 lb/in

The 1-1/8" Dia. Bar Rates:

Front Hole = 1084 lb/in
Rear Hole = 1422 lb/in

Both Bars are Hollow....

Scot W.

Here is some info I thought people might be interested in concerning the DSE anti-roll bar rates and there settings. At the end of the rear bar there are two holes that change the rate (shown in the image below).

The 1" dia Bar Rates:

Front Hole = 722 lb/in
Rear Hole = 947 lb/in

The 1-1/8" Dia. Bar Rates:
Front Hole = 1084 lb/in
Rear Hole = 1422 lb/in
Image showing the two adjustment holes for rate.
pad.jpg

Last edited:
Just struck gold! This thread speaks directly to me. Still reading thru it all but, Thanks for this Scot

Likes the Dse stuff.but how much better would it handle with the spline swaybar on the Buick..and do they make it for the Buick?

Likes the Dse stuff.but how much better would it handle with the spline swaybar on the Buick..and do they make it for the Buick?
DSE does not make a splined sway bar for the Buick Regal's or any other g-body.... The Only difference between a spline sway bar and a normal one is the spline sway bar will allow you to run a wider tire due to the flat style bar usually used and you can easily swap out a different splined bar when you wish to change the "rate" of the bar.

does your control arms from detroit speed correct the geometry problems with the g body cars?

Scott,

Questions:
1.Any thoughts on offering a shorter DSE shock to avoid loosing a spring when jacking up the car and having that extra suspension travel?
2. Do you offer any spacer or perch adapter to raise the rear height about .75 -1 inch. I love the way the car handles with the dse springs and shocks all the way around but the rear to me looks likes its about .75 inches lower than the front

How about adding a limit strap ? They use them in offroad trucks and NASCAR, I have them on my bagged dually, about $18 a pc.

Scott,

Questions:
1.Any thoughts on offering a shorter DSE shock to avoid loosing a spring when jacking up the car and having that extra suspension travel?
2. Do you offer any spacer or perch adapter to raise the rear height about .75 -1 inch. I love the way the car handles with the dse springs and shocks all the way around but the rear to me looks likes its about .75 inches lower than the front

You should be able to use SPC spacers like I have shown in this thread on the rear if you wanted to raise it.:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...ilt-lever-spring-spacers.431615/#post-3589785