You can type here any text you want

Couple of updates for Sarah.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Welp, been busy lately. Don came over this past Wed and helped out. Got the front mount removed and stock location repainted and installed. Removed the TA-49 & installed the new 6031RE turbo, removed the single pillar boost gauge and pod, and removed the twin radio pod and gauges. Installed the recovered steering wheel and twin full pillar pod with Z-series 0-35psi boost, and electric oil pressure, Kirbans precut grey wires, Metcos angled filler neck and breather, and changed the plugs to some Autolite 23s. Only things left are Kirbans front frame braces, under hood braces, lower body bushings, rear seat braces, Drivers side relay cover, remove and replace the power antenna, install dual air bags, remove, clean, paint, change gaskets & replace valve covers, paint vacuum brake booster black, and PTE Oil filtration system. Once I do the oil filtration system, the braided oil feed line should allow enough clearance so that the factory heat shield will fit again. It won't fit with PTE's OEM replacement oil feed line, the line sticks up too high and prevents the bolt holes from lining up. Last on the list will be to replace the mufflers with Dynomax Ultraflows, and decide on what type of tire to run on my spare T wheels. I'm thinking about 28x10.5 slicks or else 295/50/15 Hoosier Quick Times. Then it's a matter of getting a street 93 chip and an emissions chip, and having some fun.
Here's a few pics of my progress.

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

I can't wait for this weather to clear and the streets to clean up and take her out. Man, she purrs like a kitten.

Patrick

Precision stock location that I repainted the same interior blue color.

Sarah sure is a looker!

Does she have a sister?:D Seriously though, thanks for sharing the pics Patrick, car looks great and I can see you have OCD making sure the intercooler matches the color of the car.. You need to get a blue air filter next as well as some blue plug wires!;) :cool:

Patrick.....who or what is "Sarah"? The car?

Are you restoring it? I need details!

Sarah is the name I've given the car.
:)
Not restoring, just making her into my idea of a perfect driver/street terror.
You know, mid to low 11's, and still be able to drive anywhere. Before my debacle coming home from Daves 2 weeks ago, I was averaging 26 mpg hwy. And this was with a race chip...

Patrick

Ah....that makes sense now. For the record...my car's name is Petunia :smile:

Is "Don" you mention Don Mudrich?

Yeah, that's him, he's moved to Tinley Park now going to school full time at Devry Tech. He helps me out when he can, and I help him out on his GN whenever he needs it. I'm impressed with his progress and know he's gonna hit some high 10's this year. He was my padowan learner when we were at PTE. My star pupil in training on his journey to the Dark Side. :D

I figured it was he as you are both in the same area. I have known Don for 5 years now or so. You should bring you TR up to my summer fling this year with him, assuming he attends.

Good luck on the car and keep posting picts :D

I'm thinking about it.
My buddies keep pushing me towards it, I'm still on the fence but I would like to run the car with straight 100 unleaded first at 20psi and 22* timing and see what she runs. Then run with either alky or C16, 26* timing and 24-25psi.

Mainly because I didn't want to replace the fan, or have any cooling issues during the summer. Especially when I travel back home and go to the local track.
MS heat is pretty brutal during the summer months.

Renthorin where are you in michigan and what kind of fling are you talking about? If it s a buick thing i woud love to bring Sabrina!!!! Black t-type just recently redone by alot of great friends and family fresh off the dyno on condervative tune 500 rwhp.Look forward to hearing from more Michigan buick owners. Thanks Scott

We should start a "What's you car's name" thread.......

Mine is named "National Debt" ........

Bob

:biggrin:

Scott - the "Fling" is a turbo GM gathering in Chelsea. I am trying to convince Patrick to bring 'Sarah' up this year :-)

We gather in a prominent spot for passersby to see us and wish they had a TR.

Back