You can type here any text you want

Crank signal simulator and it's advantages

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
I just got ahold of a crank signal simulator for my Electromotive Tec3r and have been playing with it. It is used for checking and diagnostics of the EMS. I found it to be absolutely invaluable in checking for quirks in the software as far as GPO timing, GPI fine tuning, and basically checking the functioning of the timing and fuel tables. Some interesting problems were discovered in the fuel map software programming (vendor software, not user programming) that was easily programmed around (by user) using this new tool. All the while not even having to run the engine. By using an air supply/vacuum pump I can simulate any MAP and with the crank signal simulator I can simulate any rpm, all without running the engine. Cool time saver. Who knows how long it would take to identify and then come to the proper solution with the programming to work around the software quirk without this new tool. If there is a simular tool available for your EMS I highly recommend you get one. It is much safer to discover a quirk in your EMS software without running the engine rather than having it screaming on a dyno and then discover the quirk after it causes a major engine failure.

For stock type crank sensors, I think a generic sensor simulator tool would do. The Electromotive system uses a special crank signal simulator because of its odd 60-2 trigger wheel that gives exceptional ignition event accuracy, but is not common in the EMS circles.

I just use a electronics signal generator i bought on ebay for $9. Works great 5volt square, and sine waves is all you need.:D Its comes in very handy for sure.

Back