You can type here any text you want

Doing away with hydoboost...or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

workinonit

87 Astro roof GN
May be a dumb question but, If I wanted to swap out the hydroboost for regular vacuum assisted power brakes, can I just take a master/booster/pedal setup from a Regal and put it in the GN ? I've seen "kits" on ebay and elsewhere for big bucks...what else does one need or have to change? Thanks.

There have been a bunch of people around here switching TO Hydroboost...If you have a good working hydroboost, I would use it.

May be a dumb question but, If I wanted to swap out the hydroboost for regular vacuum assisted power brakes, can I just take a master/booster/pedal setup from a Regal and put it in the GN ? I've seen "kits" on ebay and elsewhere for big bucks...what else does one need or have to change? Thanks.

I believe you can do this.

Absolutely, unequivocally, yes..... will also need 3-4 ft. of 3/8" vac. hose, and a 3/8" plastic 'T' to T into the PCV line and run to the booster. That's it.... :D oh, and a contortable body to get under the dash.... :)

If you are one of the fortunate PowerbrakeBob sales pitches that blew up with crappy everything then ditch it now and stop waiting.

New 87 NA Regal ms/pb with that pedal and a vacuum block from Caspers will be all you need.

Back