DoorSkins/Doors?? Got some Questions.

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
On my 83 limited that I had redone about a year ago I have a couple rust bubbles coming back on the bottom of the doors. The doors were sand blasted and repainted, I'm not sure what type of primer the guy used. Anyways, the doors are rusting under the door skin where it is attached to the door on the very back edge ( facing the door the part on the right) From what I can see the only way to fix it would involve removing the door skin and clean the part of the door thats rusting ( the rust is bulging the door skin edge up and there are 2 little bubbles on the out side, it's not bad but enough to piss me off.) I would plan on using metal conditioner to completely remove the rust and then self etching primer, followed by epoxy primer.

Does anyone know where I could get some door skins? and do they come with the tabs to mount the aluminum pieces on the bottom? Or does anyone have any doors ( rust free of course) from a limited, or T that they wanna sell???? Just looking for option here guys, thanks.......

I haven't seen a source for door skins. The factory ones are long gone. I have seen one or two pop up on Ebay in the past couple of months. I've never seen a new skin come with the rivets(tabs) for attaching the moldings. You can purchase these seperatly. Also in case you didn't know the Cutlass used the same doors. For some reason I seem to find more rust free doors on Cutlass's than Regals.

It's relatively easy to find rust free doors. They are interchangable between Regal, Cutlass and Grand Prix from about '82 through '87. POR-15 is about the only way to actually "stop" rust and you need to get a good seal on all of the rusted surfaces.

ok thanks for the info guys, I looked into the POR15 stuff, sounds pretty amazing, I'm definetly gojng to order some.

Yeah the whole Cutlass door thing is very good to know, learned that one day me and my buddy were looking at my Regal and His Cutlass. :)