You can type here any text you want

Drop Spindles?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
Should I use them or springs to drop the front end? Already have the drop spindles from another project so I am not out anything if I use them. Front suspension will be stock other than control arm bushings. The car is mostly street driven. Dragstrip once in a while. Eventually will have 17" wheels. Any handleing problems with the drop spindles? What do you guys recomend?

Should I use them or springs to drop the front end? Already have the drop spindles from another project so I am not out anything if I use them. Front suspension will be stock other than control arm bushings. The car is mostly street driven. Dragstrip once in a while. Eventually will have 17" wheels. Any handleing problems with the drop spindles? What do you guys recomend?

I would much rather drop the car with springs and dont like spindles at all because they magnafy our bump steer problems. BUT......If you already have them, use them! There is a big difference from building a real corner carver to just wanting to cruise your car around. You'll be fine with the spindles for now, use them and save the dough!

Hit a bump or small pothole and the car jumps to right or left quite suddenly. It happens as the wheel travels upwards in its arch.

So what would you recommend for F/R springs? Looking to make the car handle, not run down the 1/4 mile. What shocks?

The only issue I have w/ mine (on drop spindles and a street car also) is the wheel offsets are different...Since all the geometry is similar just moved up 2" the wheel BS now needs to be greater to keep it off the fender lips.

So what would you recommend for F/R springs? Looking to make the car handle, not run down the 1/4 mile. What shocks?

I would run Moog 5658 front springs and either a set of FBody rears cut down if you want to stick with a non-progressive spring for the rear. Otherwise if ride quality is of concern, go with BellTech rears or Global West rears. Cant beat Bilstein shocks!

I would run Moog 5658 front springs and either a set of FBody rears cut down if you want to stick with a non-progressive spring for the rear. Otherwise if ride quality is of concern, go with BellTech rears or Global West rears. Cant beat Bilstein shocks!
Thanks.:wink:

bump stear

Yeah I will probably give them a try. Will the bump stear really be noticable in normal everyday driving? I just cant imagine it really making that big of a difference. Guess there is only one way to find out.

You will be ok. Just wait until you go back to stock spindels and lowering springs! You'll notice a big difference then!

Used them for 10 years, drove good straight and around corners but on a bouncey surface they sucked. And the big down fall it moves the wheel up in the wheel well so you can't run that big of tire. Like Jermey said stick with springs, its much better.

I'd say if you dont have the money, you could probably sell the drop spindles and buy a set of springs for about the same price. Might be worth it.

Xcessive, how could we describe the difference in ride? I'd say it like driving a Civic and then getting into the Regal! It's nice to have a comfortable ride. The spindles are just a little jolting sometimes and rubbing the tires sucks!!!

A Cadilac to a Mack truck would descipe the difference in ride, and tire size I went with a 205/50/16 to not get any rubbing with a stiffer spring.

..... The spindles are just a little jolting sometimes and rubbing the tires sucks!!!

Thats why God made GNX flares and saws of many different sorts! STAND BACK, I'M GOIN IN!!! bzzzzzzzzzz :)
If I had it to do again, well I'd prob do the same thing because I am a cruiser, but if you wanna make a tank handle, Xcessive and jdpolzin are your go-to guys. They accidentally know more than many people do on purpose.

Back